Deactivating PS4 as primary is pretty helpful in many ways, especially in terms of its safety. So the first thing you should do when thinking of selling your PS4 console or when it got stolen is to deactivate it at the earliest time. This will protect all your valuable data and enable it to rest for some time, which is helpful for its better functioning and performance.
However, the usual process may require 6 months of waiting time, but you don’t need to worry anymore. In this guide, we shall help you by providing the easiest methods to deactivate your primary PS4 without waiting for such a long time. Furthermore, we shall talk about how you may even take help from the PlayStation support site in fastening this process up.
How to deactivate PS4 without waiting 6 months?
This hack is suitable for you if you’re selling your PS4 console and can’t wait for so long just to deactivate it. So, below are the steps that you may opt to deactivate your PS4 console without waiting 6 months:
- Firstly, head to the
- Next, go to Account Management.
- Now, select Activate As Your Primary PS4.
- Then select deactivate and click on
- Lastly, restart your PS4 console to complete the whole procedure. This will deactivate your PS4 console in no time. However, if your console didn’t deactivate, repeat the same steps until the third step for efficient results.
How to deactivate PS4 by heading to the PlayStation support site?
Another way to deactivate your PS4 console without waiting 6 months is to head to the PlayStation Support Site and get their help for quick and effective results. So, follow the steps below to save your time and energy.
- Firstly, head to the PlayStation Support Site and click on the Contact Support Option.
- Next, select Sony Account Help and then click on Contact Us
- A new tab will open where you have to let the support team know about the problem, you’re facing like your PS4 was hacked, stolen, or unable to turn it on as it gets stuck pretty often.
- Then ask them to deactivate your PlayStation accounts, for which they’ll ask you specific questions related to your account.
In this way, you’ll be able to deactivate your account. However, if you cannot chat with them online, you may even call them for guidance and support.
Usually, you need to wait 6 months to deactivate your PS4 accounts. However, not anymore. In this guide, we have dived into two easiest ways that you may opt to deactivate your PS4 without waiting for so long. You may either follow the simple steps or contact the PlayStation Support team. Go for the most suitable way for you in terms of saving your time and power.