Everyone is connected to the internet in one way or another; therefore, Sony is always finding solutions to deal with security threats without disrupting the gaming fun. Developers have designed PSN Two-step verification to add an extra layer of security to your PSN account, making it difficult for anyone who attempts to access your account without the knowledge.
We have tried our best to give a simple and satisfactory solution to your query, the process enables you to set up PS4 two-step verification in no time. So without further due, let’s look at it.
How to enable 2fa on PlayStation?
The perks of having two-factor verification are self-explanatory; you won’t have to worry about unwanted intruders anymore. Here is how to enable 2FA on Playstation:
- Go to Settings > Account Management further Account Information
- Here move to Security (sign in with your PSN account if required)
- Select the 2-Step Verification, press the Set Up Now button
- Enter your active mobile number and click Add (this number will receive the verification texts)
- Now the system will immediately send you a text with a verification code
- Simply enter this code in the PS4 screen to authorize your mobile number to receive 2FA text messages in the future.
- The next display screen will confirm the activation of the 2-step verification setup.
- Read the information on the screen and click OK
- Now, generate single-use backup codes, in case your phone is lost, damaged, or can’t receive texts.
- Go to 2-Step Verification select Backup Codes
- Write them down on paper and keep them somewhere safe.
PSN two-step verification is a preventive, effective, and recommended solution to keep your account highly secure all the time. After the activation, you will receive a verification code every time you or someone log in to your account from any device.
We have mentioned the practical solution through which you can protect your PSN account somehow. Hope we have covered the main process of 2 step verification as asked by many users. Leave a comment for any feedback.