Have you ever experienced that your Nintendo switch screen turns black even though you hear sound from its speaker? This mainly occurs when you turn on your Nintendo switch, and thus it creates a hurdle in waking up, especially when you place it in sleeping mode. This happens due to many interrelated causes, mainly due to battery or charging adapter errors, hardware issues, and glitches in the Software.
Considering all this, we shall dig into details of what caused Nintendo to switch black. Also, we shall walk through some of the most straightforward troubleshooting hacks that may help you get rid of such a problem in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Continue reading to learn all about Nintendo Switch black screen to prevent it in the future.
Why my switch screen is black?
Some reasons have been recorded that may cause your switch screen to turn black. These mainly include the problem with battery or charging adapters, corrupt data, hardware issues, software issues, and much more. Let’s discuss them for your better understanding and help you avoid them in the future.
- A glitch or error in the Switch software has always been pretty problematic in so many ways. It can even cause your console’s screen to turn black.
- Low battery is another cause of the Nintendo Switch’s black screen. This can be indicated by the battery indicator whenever your screen is dark in color.
- A poor charging adapter or charging dock may also not show the screen by making it black. This also happens due to low battery.
- The broken console may disrupt the system’s normal functioning, thus making it turn black as well.
- Damaged or faulty hardware components such as broken screens may also not work correctly and thus may produce abnormalities like black screen.
- A technical error within the Switch firmware may also cause your screen to turn black.
- Overload or voltage spike in electricity due to faulty wiring, lightning strikes may terminate the normal working of all the equipment thus may make your screen turn black.
How to fix Nintendo Switch’s black screen?
Now, let’s discuss all the possible troubleshoot hacks that you opt to tackle the Nintendo switch black screen problem. They all are pretty easy to follow. The best thing about them is that they won’t consume much of your time, so follow them one by one before looking for any help from the customer care center or an expert.
1. Try performing a forced reboot
Rebooting your system constantly works well in eliminating all sorts of glitches and errors in no time. It works as refreshing. So, just follow the steps mentioned below for a quick and superpotential hack to perform a forced reboot:
- The initial step is to connect the AC adapter to your Nintendo switch simply.
- Next, wait for at least 10 to 15 minutes to enable the battery to charge for some time.
- Next, press the power button for about 10 to 12 seconds.
- Now, press the power button again to turn on the console.
These steps will refresh or reboot your system, and now your console will be free of bugs and errors. Most of which may be associated with specific problems, including the Nintendo switch black screen.
2. Try power cycling your Switch
Another great hack to deal with a black screen is simply power cycling your Switch. The steps are pretty straightforward as you just need to plug out everything from your Switch. Later, perform a force shut down. So just follow the steps given below for an efficient solution for the black screen of death.
- Firstly, unplug the dock from the socket present on your wall.
- Next, leave it for almost 30 seconds.
- Next, plug it back and dock your Nintendo switch.
- Now, press the Power button and hold it for almost 10 to 12 seconds.
- Lastly, leave the button and press it again to turn it on. The screen will start working smoothly, and there will be no issue with the black screen.
3. Try updating the Switch in recovery mode
Recovery mode is the safe mode of the Nintendo Switch, which enables you to update your console to fix all sorts of problems in no time. To update your Switch using the recovery mode, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, locate the Power and volume button.
- Next, press and hold both the buttons together.
- Next, release them as soon you see the second Nintendo switch logo.
- Now, select the option Update System.
- Lastly, download and install the update.
After the update, your Switch will restart, and your screen will work perfectly fine.
4. Check your Switch’s adapter
It’s essential to ensure that you’re using the suitable model and original AC adapter, HAC-002. If you don’t have this particular set, borrow one from your friend and charge it for almost 3 hours. Later, if your Switch turns on and you no longer see the black screen after connecting, you had the incorrect switch adapter.
Therefore, get a new one and ensure the model is correct and original. Then, depending on your convenience, you may buy it from any nearby or online store. Moreover, sometimes the adapter may be OK. Still, the problem may be with the dock’s charging capability, so sort out the problem and deal with it accordingly.
5. Try soft reset of the console
A soft reset is pretty good if you don’t want to lose your stored data. This process will clear the software errors, and all your data, including saved videos and screenshots, will remain protected. You need to have access to the console’s recovery mode to do so. After getting it, follow the steps given below:
- The first and the most crucial step is to Power off your Nintendo switch. Don’t keep it in sleep mode.
- Next, press the power button for around 0 to 12 seconds.
- Next, press and hold the power button and the two-volume buttons until you see the recovery menu.
- Then scroll down and select the option to restore factory settings without deleting the saved data. Note that you’ll have to enter your PIN if the parental control settings have been active.
- Now, read all the instructions and select Next present at the end of the page.
- Lastly, Power on the Switch in the normal mode and check if the problem of the Nintendo switch going black has been solved or not.
6. Try hard, or factory reset your Switch
Nintendo switches black screen with sound may often occur due to data corruption. To fix this issue, try factory or hard resetting the Nintendo switch. Below are the steps that you opt to do so:
- Firstly, press and hold the Power and both the volume buttons for around 5 seconds.
- Release the buttons and then scroll down to the open Initialize the Switch.
- Press A on Initialize the Switch.
- The process of factory reset will start. Wait until it finishes.
This process will consume some time to clear all the data and restore the Software. After this process finishes, your Switch will automatically restart and start working fine.
7. Contact the support team
If none of the above steps helped you, the only option you’re left with is to contact the support team. Tell them the problem you’re facing and ask for their assistance. They’ll surely help you in the best possible way.
We have often heard people complaining that switch lite went black with sound on. This problem is pretty standard and has multiple reasons, including the problem with the battery or charging adapter, corrupt data, hardware issues, software issues, and much more. You can quickly solve all these problems without investing much.
So, read this article to learn all about the Nintendo switch’s black screen, its causes, and the possible fixes to get rid of it in no time.