You might have power on your PS5 and notice your console stuck on the black screen. This bug is pretty standard and may occur when your system doesn’t boot up properly. Moreover, high-level video output from your PS5 may also be another cause. You need to try a few hacks before heading for the repair to fix this error.
Keeping this in mind, we shall walk through the important causes behind the PS5 black screen. Also, we shall discuss some of the best hacks that may help you fix this issue in no time. So, no need to wait any further! Follow this guide to learn all about PlayStation 5 black screen and some DIY troubleshooting fixes.
Causes behind PS5 black screen after logo
Multiple reasons may cause PS5 to have a black screen after the logo. Out of which, improper booting up and high-level video output are the commonest ones. Let’s discuss these and other causes in detail as well to help you prevent them in the future for your incredible gaming experience without any interruption:
- A glitch in the Software: A glitch or error in your PS5 software is one of the most important causes that you should always keep in mind for the black screen. An outdated or bug within may suddenly turns your screen black without any warning. Therefore, it’s essential to update your software to avoid such a mishap.
- Changing your screen: Changing your screen or TV is another cause. This happens when you change your PS5 from one TV to another, mainly causing low resolution in the new one. Moreover, since the PS5 doesn’t adjust its resolution concerning the TV, this scenario gets worst.
- Damaged HDMI cable: Damaged or faulty HDMI cable may interrupt the normal functioning of your PS5 as well. This may, in return, cause your screen to turn black. Therefore, if you notice something wrong with the cable, don’t hesitate to change it before something worse happens.
- Broken HDMI port: Just like a damaged HDMI cable, a broken HDMI port may also stick your PS5 on a black screen without any warning.
- Improperly connected power cord: When you’ve not connected your power cord properly, power will transfer to the console. This may turn your console black, and it will also startup. To tackle this issue, make sure you have connected the power cord appropriately, and that it’s not damaged at all.
- Faulty TV power cable: When your TV power cable is damaged or not connected properly, you may also face a black screen issue. In such a case, your TV will not receive any power, and therefore, it will show such an error.
- Incompatible TV: Sometimes, your TV or screen may be inconsistent with the HDCP, which may cause video output errors in your system. As a result, you need to lower the resolution or disable the HDCP, HDR, or deep color temp.
- Incompatible Resolution Settings: When your Resolution Settings on your console are not compatible with your TV, you may get this issue. In such a case, you need to adjust them accordingly to fix this black screen error in no time.
How to fix PlayStation 5 black screen?
Let’s now discuss some hacks that you may follow to fix the causes discussed earlier for the black screen of your PS5. These hacks are pretty simple to follow, follow them step by step, and you’ll get rid of them in no time:
1. Try resetting your console
Resetting your console is pretty helpful in getting rid of several errors and glitches. While resetting your system, you may often lose all your data. Therefore, we’ll discuss the most straightforward way in which all your data may remain stored without any hurdle:
- Firstly, press the power button on your PS5 for a few seconds until you hear two beeping sounds.
- Next, use the USB cable to plug the gaming controller into your console.
- Now press the PS button to get into the safe mode.
- Lastly, click on the Reset PS5 option to reset your system.
These simple steps may reboot your system and fix all the internal issues, including the PS5 black screen.
2. Try changing your HDCP settings
This hack may also go well for you. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Settings menu on your console.
- Next, go to the system and select HDMI to expand the options.
- Now, unselect the Enable HDCP.
- Restart your system and check if the problem with the black screen has been solved or not.
- Later if the issue persists, turn on the HDCP feature and select the HDCP mode present in the HDMI option.
- Now, change the HDCP mode to HDCP 1.4 only. Also, change the resolution settings of the TV to either 720p or 1080i or 1080p or 2016p as PS5 only supports these resolutions.
3. Try changing your console’s resolution
- Changing your console’s resolution is the key to removing the black screen in no time. You should follow these steps whenever you change your TV as the new TV may have altered settings.
- Firstly, shut down your PS5 by pressing the power button for around 10 seconds.
- Next, connect your gaming controller to the PS5 using a USB cable.
- Now turn on your PS5 and press the PS button. This will boot your system in Safe Mode.
- Last but not least, select the option Change video output and then select X under the Change Resolution screen.
- You’ll then have to restart your PS5, and your screen will be clear with no error.
4. Try using a 2.0 HDMI cable
You need a high-speed HDMI cable for a high-resolution display to avoid video output issues. So, if you ever feel that your HDMI cable is the one that’s causing the black screen problem, then get a new cable asap. Make sure you have a 2.0 HDMI cable as it supports high bandwidth and avoids errors concerning it.
5. Change your faulty HDMI cable or port
In case of a black screen when you turn on your PS5, your mind should click faulty HDMI cable or port. It’s essential to inspect your HDMI cables and ports and see any damage, such as loosened connections or exposed wires. In such a case, you should always change the damaged and faulty HDMI cables and ports to avoid any disaster from occurring at your end.
6. Turn off your PS5 and unplug the external drives
Last but not least, this hack may go well for you. All you need to do is unplug the drives connected to your TV and console while switching them off. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the power button for almost 10 seconds until you hear two beep sounds.
- Next, unplug all the devices and drives, including the headphones and the external hard drive.
- Lastly, switch on your console and see if the black screen is still there or if it has disappeared. However, if the problem persists, try doing these same steps with your TV, such as turning it off and unplugging the power cable. Then wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.
You might have turned on your PS5 console and observed your system stuck on the black screen. This is a common issue and occurs mainly when your console doesn’t boot up accurately. Also, high-level video output from your console may be an additional cause. To fix these errors, you need to try a few hacks before going to the customer care support center.
Considering all this, we have discussed the PS5 black screen in detail. We have to walk thoroughly on the reasons that may directly or indirectly cause it. Also, we have listed the step-by-step guide for its fixes as well. So, read this guide for a complete comprehension of PS5 stuck on the black screen.