Having WiFi issues with your PS5 is nothing new. It may cause your system to lag, especially when enjoying your favorite games. Moreover, your streaming videos may buffer to a great extent hence annoying to the core. The download speed would be ridiculously slow too. However, you don’t need to worry anymore as this article is all you need to fix this issue in no time.
Keeping all this in mind, we shall discuss some of the most common causes that can cause your WiFi to turn way too slow. Also, we shall dig into the hacks that may help you get rid of these causes by fixing the connection issues without any hurdles. So, what are you waiting for? Follow this step-by-step guide to learn about PS5 connection issues and their solutions.
Why does my PS5 WiFi keep disconnecting?
Various reasons can cause your PS5 to keep disconnecting or working exceptionally abruptly. This happens when there are some hardware issues, network overloading issues, insufficient network range of radio interferences, or outdated router firmware. Let’s go through a few factors that cause such problems at your end.
- An old router with outdated firmware is primarily incompatible with your console resulting in dropping Wi-Fi signals.
- Problems within your router or modem may also interrupt the normal functioning of your Wi-Fi system, causing connection issues.
- The overloaded network may also cause hurdles with the functioning of your Wi-Fi device resulting in slow and interrupted Connection of your Wi-Fi device.
- Interference between your console and router may also be slow and sluggish in your Wi-Fi connection.
- Glitches within your console’s servers or online service may also result in continuous disconnecting and errors in your Wi-Fi connection.
How to fix PS5 Wi-Fi issues?
All the problems concerning your Wi-Fi connections are pretty much reversible. You just need to follow some hacks to avoid them without any hurdles or interruptions to deal with them. So, follow the fixes mentioned below for quick and easy solutions.
1. Try resetting your PS5
Resetting your PS5 is super helpful in getting free of numerous errors and glitches. However, while resetting your System, you may often lose all your data. Therefore, we’ll discuss the most upfront way in which all your data may remain stored without any obstacle:
- The initial step is to hold the power button on your PS5 for a few seconds until you hear two beeping sounds.
- Next, use the USB cable to plug the gaming controller into your PS5.
- Now press the PS button to get into the safe mode.
- Lastly, click on the Reset PS5 option to finish the steps and reset your System.
These modest steps may refresh your console and fix all the problems, including the PS5 connection issues, in just a heartbeat.
2. Try rebooting your console
The first and the foremost hack to fix any problem concerning your console is simply to reboot it. Restarting your console works as refreshing or rebooting your PS5. This clears all the errors and glitches without even creating any big deal. Moreover, your PS5 would perform smoothly as soon as it restarts after a reboot or refreshed. So, do try this hack before going for others.
So, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press down the Power button for a few seconds until two beeping sounds appear.
- Next, detach your PS5 from the leading Power outlet and re-join it after a minute.
- Lastly, turn it on, and you’ll see your System free of any issues concerning Wi-Fi connection errors.
3. Try moving your PS5 near your router
Wi-Fi system is a wireless technology that can be subjected to interference and thus may cause connection errors. Therefore, whenever you have low strong signal, check the stability of your PS5’s Wi-Fi Connection by following the steps given below:
Head to the Settings, then Network, and then Connection. Now go to the Status and then click on View Connection Status.
Now look for the Signal strength field there. If it’s less than 80%, you should opt for some hacks to improve it. The most crucial hack includes shifting your console closer to your router or router closer to the console. In both scenarios, the signal transmission will improve to a greater extent.
Also, note that you remove any interruption between devices, such as microwaves, baby monitors, or cordless phones. This will break any disruption that can result in connection issues.
4. Try disconnecting other devices
Another hack that you opt for Wi-Fi connectivity error is disconnecting other devices in your home from the Wi-Fi device. This will stop all the downloading, uploading, and streaming of high-definition videos and other activities, which would indirectly free up some bandwidth for you. So, in this way, your PS5 would generally function with super-fast Wi-Fi and no interruption between your console and router.
5. Try changing the DNS settings of your PS5
Sometimes changing your DNS settings works as a blessing by fixing any connection issue within your console. This may also aid you in improving loading and downloading speed. Therefore, we would suggest you change your primary DNS to 220.127.116.11 while the secondary DNS to 18.104.22.168 to enable the fixation of all possible errors and glitches that are causing Wi-Fi problems at your end.
6. Try restarting your router
Just like rebooting your console is super practical, restarting or rebooting your router may also help you solve all the hidden problems of your Wi-Fi. So, if you’re facing any trouble with your PS5 Wi-Fi connection, simply turn it off and then restart it again. However, if it doesn’t work for you, don’t hesitate to troubleshoot your wireless connection.
7. Try testing your Internet connection
Sometimes the whole problem may be with your internet plan. In such a case, you need to test your internet connection speed and if it’s low, feel free to upgrade your internet package. Contact the help support of your Wi-Fi connection, ask them for super feasible packages for you, and then opt for them accordingly.
8. Try checking if PSN is down
Another hack is to make sure your PSN PlayStation Network is not down. If it’s down, there isn’t any problem at your end but instead a service issue. So, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, head to the PlayStation Network Service Status Page.
- Next, check the service status to see any issues. If there’s an issue, just wait until it gets fixed.
- Further, when the issue gets fixed, check for System software updates. If the site doesn’t load, there’s undoubtedly a problem at your end.
9. Try updating your router’s firmware
An outdated firmware always creates problems in so many ways. Therefore, always look for any updates, and if they’re present, download them at the earliest time. Then, follow the steps to do so:
- Firstly, head to the Router login page and log in to your account.
- Now, look for any software update option.
- Lastly, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the process and fix any current issues concerning your router.
10. Try power cycling your PS5
Another technique that may work well for you is power cycling your console. This hack will completely shut down your System to drain all the power. Further, it will recreate all the configurations to improve your internet connection. Follow the steps mentioned below to power cycle your console:
The first step is to press and hold the power button of your PS5 for a few seconds until you hear two beeping sounds.
- Now, unplug the power plug from the back of your PS5.
- Now, press and hold the power button again several times. This will drain up all the power from your System, which will clean all the cache, bugs, and errors.
- Lastly, wait for a few minutes and then plug in all the plugs back and turn on your console and check if the issue has been resolved or not.
11. Contact the PS5 support team
Last but not least, if the above hacks don’t help you in any way, contact the PS5 support team for further guidance and provision. They’ll help you recognize the problem and fix it more straightforwardly. So, get them when you think the hacks are not working well for you.
Multiple reasons can cause PS5 not to connect to the internet. The most common ones include outdated firmware, problematic hardware, signal interruption, overloaded network, down PSN, and lots more. However, you don’t need to worry anymore as we have your back.
In this article, we have listed down a few of the most common causes of PS5 connection issues to help you prevent them in the future. Also, we have to dive into the hacks that may help you fix such an issue without any inconvenience. Moreover, you don’t need to spend much of your time and energy following this helpful guide.