The PS5 controller is specifically for the PS5 console only, and therefore you may not use it with other systems like PC or laptops very efficiently as it may show some problems. However, if you put some effort, you may easily connect your PS5 controller with the PC. This may primarily happen as PCs are very user-friendly and have a strong yet flexible system.
In addition, even after some efforts, if you’re unable to connect your controller to the PC, the main problem would be the inaccurate configuration. Therefore, in this article, we shall discuss the detail of the causes that may lead to this problem. Also, we’ll list down all the possible fixes to deal with such a situation. So, continue reading to learn more.
Why is my PS5 controller not working?
Before heading to the fixes that may help you get rid of problems preventing you from connecting to the PC, it’s essential to recognize these problems. This will help you get rid of them quickly and prevent them in the future. So, let’s walk through them for your better understanding.
- Glitches or errors within your System may create a hurdle for your controller to function well. It may even prevent it from connecting to your PC even after several efforts. These glitches are reversible and can easily be fixed by restarting your System.
- Defected port or cable is another important cause that creates such an issue. Therefore, if, even after restarting your System, you cannot fix this issue, the next step should be to check the port and cable.
- Problems within your controller may also result in such a hectic issue. To deal with it, it’s pretty necessary to recognize the problems within your controller at the earliest time possible and fix it to avoid a large disaster later.
- Interruption with the Bluetooth signals is another crucial cause that won’t let your controller connect to the PC. This primarily happens when too many nearby Bluetooth devices are active simultaneously.
- Interference of Apps and services with your controller may also create enormous hurdles for your controller to work correctly. Identifying such Apps and services is really necessary to avoid any mishap beforehand.
How to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to the PC?
Let’s now dive into the hacks that may help fix all the possible causes leading to the PS5 controller not working on PC. These fixes are pretty straightforward to follow, and they won’t require much of your time and energy. So, follow them one by one. However, note if you recognize the problem beforehand, it will be easier for you to deal with them.
1. Try restarting your PS5 console
It may sound unusual, but by restarting your PS5 console, you may be easily able to fix all the glitches and errors that are affecting your PS5 controller indirectly. This may help as these glitches may, later on, be transferred to the PC through the controller. So, it’s necessary to get rid of them. So, to follow this hack, below are the steps you need to consider:
- Firstly, turn off your PS5 console.
- Now, unplug all the cables connected.
- Wait for 30 seconds, and then plug all the cables back.
- Turn ON your PS5 console and try connecting your controller to a PC, and you’ll surely see efficient results.
2. Try double checking your Bluetooth devices
Another important hack is to check and re-enable your Bluetooth device. This will fix all the errors and problems concerning your Bluetooth device. So, to do so, you simply need to turn off and then on your PC’s Bluetooth and then try pairing it with your device. Follow the steps for quick results:
- First, head to the Settings App on your PC using the Windows Search box and click on Bluetooth & other devices.
- Now turn off the Bluetooth switch and turn it on to reboot or refresh it.
- Another way is to add another Bluetooth device and check whether it’s working or not. In this way, you’ll be able to know if there’s a problem with the Bluetooth device or if some other thing is causing it.
3. Try using some other USB cable
As mentioned earlier, defects within your USB cable and port may also create annoying issues like the PS5 controller not connecting or working on the PC. To recognize this problem, it’s always better to use another USB cable and USB port one by one and then connect them with your System to check its functionality. If they’re working well for you, the problem may surely be behind the previous sport or cable.
4. Try hard resetting your PS5 controller
Hard resetting your PS5 controller is always a significant step in solving all sorts of problems in no time. So, follow the steps given below:
- The initial and most vital step is to turn off your console and then flip your PS5 controller.
- Now, press and hold the button present within the hole of your controller for almost 5 seconds. You may use a toothpick or any tipped tool to do so. This step will reset your controller.
- Lastly, connect the controller back to the PS5 using the connection, and you’ll surely see the problem solved.
5. Try installing your PS5 controller in steam on a PC
This hack is super easy. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open the Steam Client on your PC and then head to the Settings to open the controller tab present in the top-left corner.
- Now, go to the General Controller Settings and then log in to your account to register your device.
- Later, adjust the joysticks and change the preferences there.
- Lastly, use the dropdown to select the PlayStation Configuration to remap the controller in games. You may also use the Settings Controller tab to do so.
6. Try forgetting and then re-pairing your controller
If, even after following the hacks mentioned above, you’re unable to resolve the problem, follow the steps given below to forget your controller and re-pair it again:
- Firstly, head to the Settings and go to the Devices. Select Bluetooth devices
- Now, select the DualSense option.
- Now forget the device by pressing the options button on your controller and then selecting Forget Device This will remove your controller from the memory of your console.
- Later, re-pair your controller again.
- Lastly, use a USB cable to connect the controller to the USB cable. Note that you turn off your console before following the step. Or you may press the PS button to switch on your controller and re-pair it in a much simpler way.
7. Try installing YOURPS5 controller on a PC (Bluetooth)
Follow the steps below to use this hack to eliminate all the errors. These errors are creating hindrance for your PS5 controller to function:
- Firstly, open the DS4Windows program and then right-click on Bluetooth Device in the System Tray option to add Bluetooth Device.
- Next, hold down the Share and PlayStation buttons for 3 seconds until you see the double blinking pattern on the top of your controller’s light bar. This will connect your Bluetooth dongle to your PS5 DualSense controller.
- Now, head to the Wireless controller to pair your PS5 controller. You may use your laptop’s built-in Bluetooth device or the wireless USB dongle.
- Lastly, may sure your PS45 controller has been connected or plugged in. The light bar at the top of your controller may indicate the proper connection.
8. Try running a Bluetooth troubleshooter
Last but not least, if none of the above hacks helped you in any way, try this hack, and we’re sure it will be beneficial for you. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
For Windows 11
- Head to the Settings by Win+I.
- Now go to the System and then Troubleshoot.
- Now, click on Other troubleshooters and click on Run associated with Bluetooth.
- Head to the Settings.
- Then go to the Update & Security, then Troubleshoot, and then Additional troubleshooters.
- Lastly, click on Bluetooth and then Run the Troubleshoot option.
There are multiple hacks to fix the PS5 controller not working on PC. We have discussed them in detail in this article to understand them better. Follow them one by one, but we’ll suggest you first try to recognize the problem and then choose the hack accordingly. This will save both your time and energy.