You may often face specific issues with your controller, especially if they’re new to your PS5 console. The most common include the ps5 controller won’t connect to the console. This is the syncing error and needs urgent troubleshooting to be fixed. Note that this issue is pretty reversible and doesn’t require much effort to be resolved.
Considering all this, we shall discuss the sync ps5 controller error in detail, such as some of its causes and all the possible hacks that may fix it in no time. These hacks are pretty simple and won’t require much of your time and energy. Read further to learn about the PS5 controller not connecting to the PS5 console.
Why won’t my PS5 controller connect to the console?
Multiple reasons may cause your PS5 controller to not connect to your console. However, you can quickly reverse all of them. So, let’s walk through a few of them for your better understanding and also help you in avoiding them in the future:
1. Issue within your USB cable or port
Sometimes, you may have some problem with your USB cable or port, and you would not even know about it. This majorly happens when you connect your controller to the console for the first time. Moreover, you may not even recognize whether the problem lies within the port or cable very often, and it may even create confusion for you.
2. Hardware malfunctions
Another major cause includes malfunctioning hardware. You may damage the hardware in some cases, which may hinder connecting your controller to the console. Moreover, it happens when you accidentally drop your controller previously. Therefore, it’s essential to use all your devices with care to avoid any such mishap.
3. Outdated firmware
Outdated firmware is another cause that hinders your controller from connecting to the PS5 system. Therefore, always check that all your updates are complete, and if not, complete them before syncing both devices to avoid any interruptions.
4. Interference with the Bluetooth signal
Poor communication and connection may occur if the signal interference is too strong. In such a case, pairing issues mainly occur between the console and the controller.
5. Controller already paired with another device
It’s essential to make sure that your controller is not in connection with other devices, such as a laptop or PC, as this might hinder the syncing of your controller with the PS5 console. Also, if you have more than one PS5 console at home, you may connect the controller to the other console. So, remove such connection beforehand.
How to fix the PS5 controller not connecting?
All the causes mentioned above for Sync or connection error of PS5 controller are reversible and can easily be fixed. So, let’s dive into the details of some of the best hacks that you may opt to get rid of them. They are straightforward and quick and won’t be a burden on you.
Fix 1. Try updating your firmware
An outdated firmware plays a significant role in preventing your controller from connecting to the console. In such a case, the only solution is to update your firmware. Note that your system may notify each time the software needs an update, but sometimes you may need to check it yourself as well manually. Below are listed the steps to check for any updates available:
- The first step is to connect your PS5 console to the internet.
- Next, head to the
- Now go to the system and then System Software.
- Lastly, click on Update System Software.
There, check for any updates available. If yes, download them and make sure you don’t turn off your system.
Fix 2. Try updating your PS5 controller
Just like the firmware’s update, updating your PS5 controller is also essential. Make sure you have set it in auto-update. If not, then you may do it manually too. To do it manually, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, disconnect your PS5 console from the internet by turning off your Wi-Fi.
- Or head to the Settings icon present at the right top corner of your screen.
- Now, go to the Network, click on Connect to the internet, and disconnect your PS5 console from the internet.
- Now, go back to the System page and select Date and Time.
- Further, select Set manually set the date one day behind, and click on
- Lastly, restart your PS5 console, and when it is turned on, you’ll see a Wireless controller device software page. Click on the option Update now, and soon your controller will start updating manually.
Fix 3. Change your PS5 controller’s batteries
Low-powered batteries may also cause such an issue, so it’s better to check them or simply replace them to solve the connection problem. Excessive use or poor batteries may result in such a problem. Poor batteries may even cause drifting of your analog sticks without user input. So, change the batteries regularly to avoid any such mishaps.
Fix 4. Check the USB cable and port
The controller or console port may easily get damaged due to rough use. So, check the USB cable and port to fix the issue as early as possible. Now, follow the steps given below:
- First, connect your console to the controller using a USB cable and tug both the ends to tighten the connections.
- Next, clean the port to remove any dirt or dust as it may cause overheating issues within your system. You may use a cotton bud to do so.
- Now use the cable with the PS5 console and connect it with the controller and console. If the cable doesn’t work, use the cable that comes with the android phones.
Fix 5. Try resetting your PS5 controller
Your PS5 controller may work abnormally due to specific errors. The only hack to fix it is to reset it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, disconnect the controller from your console or any charging ports.
- Next, put a needle or toothpick into the reset button present as a small hole under the L2 button at the back of your controller.
- Now, press the button and hold it for a few seconds.
As soon as you release it, your controller will restart, which will fix all the errors.
Fix 6. Turn off all the nearest Bluetooth devices
Sometimes the nearby Bluetooth devices may interfere with the Bluetooth signals between your console and controller. This hack primarily works when your controller is not pairing, or its Bluetooth is having some issues.
Fix 7. Try power cycling your PS5
Last but not least, power cycling is an excellent hack to solve this issue. It will completely turn off your console and drain all the power before starting it up. Now, follow the steps given below to do so:
- Firstly, press the power button for at least 10 seconds until it completely shuts off.
- Next, unplug the power plug from the back of your console and press and hold the power button multiple times until no remaining power remains.
- Lastly, wait for 4 to 5 minutes and plug everything in again. This will fix all the hurdles.
PS5 controller syncing problems are pretty common, and they need urgent fixation. These errors prevent the connection of the PS5 console and controller. The most critical cause includes outdated firmware, Hardware errors, interference with the cable, issues within the USB cable or port, and controller already paired with another device.
Keeping all this in mind, we have briefly described these problems in this article. Also, we have a walkthrough in detail to fix all these errors and problems by following easy, quick, and simple fixes. So, follow them one by one to resolve all sorts of problems concerning the ps5 controller won’t connect to the console in no time.