The PS5 error c3-10005-6 is a common problem nowadays and is mainly due to incorrect disc insertion or damaged game cartridge. All this can occur due to ample reasons that are preventable and easily reversible. So, if you see a sudden error code ce-10005-6 on your screen, you don’t need to worry anymore as this article is all you need.
Considering all this, we shall discuss this bothersome PS5 error code ce-10005-6 in detail, such as what it is and what are the most common causes behind it. Furthermore, we shall drive through all the possible hacks you may follow to tackle such a problem. So, what are you waiting for? Follow this super easy and exciting guide for your ease.
What is error code ce-10005-6?
You may often notice a sudden error ce-10005-6 on your screen, especially when trying to install a game on your PS5 console using a physical disc. This mainly occurs due to some hurdles preventing your PS5 from reading the physical disc you’re using. Moreover, this may even happen when you’re trying to copy your data from the drive or installing something.
So, in short, this error code is all about hurdles that are just avoiding your disc to be read.
What causes PS5 error ce-10005-6?
All the hurdles that can cause PS5 error ce-10005-6 to correlate to physical disc or disc drive problems. Below are some of the reasons why you’re facing such an issue. Note all these are pretty easily preventable and can be reversed as well.
- Crashed DVDs or broken disc is the primary cause that may cause such an annoying problem.
- Low internal storage disc space is another cause that can create trouble for you to download, and install copy data into your PS5 console.
- Internet issues or slow wi-fi while you’re downloading the game may be troublesome in such a case.
- Server down is a drawback for your console to work well in so many ways.
- Lastly, dirt or dust on the disc and disc drive may also prevent your disc from functioning normally and thus creates problem in a number of ways.
How to fix PS5 error code-10005-6?
Let’s now ride through all the possible hacks that you may opt to get of PS5 error ce-10005-6. They’re pretty simple and easy to follow and won’t require much of your time and energy.
1. Changing the place of your PS5 console
This hack might sound irrelevant, but changing the place of your PS5 console may help you in so many ways. This merely happens because changing the site may improve the ability of your disc drive to function well. Note that if you have placed your PS5 console vertically, you may alter its position to horizontal and vice versa to sort such a problem.
2. Cleaning your disc
Cleaning your disc and disc drive is essential for working well and avoiding any more significant mishaps. Check for any scratches or damages before using your disc. Also, always use a microfiber cloth to clean them regularly to prevent the deterioration of their functioning. Moreover, clear up all the debris and tiny bit of dust altogether to avoid unnecessary interference.
In addition, you may even use a blow dryer to remove all the dust in no time with little effort. Also, try using alcohol droplets on a cotton pad to remove tiny scratches that may destroy your disc.
3. Try freeing up the storage space on your console
Another hack to fix PS5 error code ce-10005-6 is freeing some space on your console. So, simply uninstall all the unnecessary games and apps occupying space on your PS5. Also, avoid downloading any app that isn’t essential enough to prevent issue storage on your console.
Moreover, note that you may be facing this error problem whenever you get a pop-up message regarding this without even inserting the disc into your PS5 console.
4. Try reconnecting your internet
It’s really essential to refresh your wi-fi router whenever your internet connection disconnects during the installation process of your game. To do so, simply remove your wi-fi router from the primary source and then turn it off. Later, plug it back in a few minutes and wait until your console reconnects by itself. This hack may also help you enhance the speed of your internet.
5. Check your console’s server
You may notice a sudden server down the problem while your console is working fine. In such a case, you need to check your PS5’s network to confirm whether the ce-10005-6 error is due to an internal problem or an external malfunction. Whatever the cause is, first try to find it and then fix it accordingly, as this is much more convenient.
6. Try restarting your PS5 console
Restarting your system works as refreshing the console. So, we suggest you restart your system whenever you face any issue before heading to any other hack. Simply remove all the cables from the main switch to restart your system. Later, plug it back in a few minutes, and you’re all set to start your console in no time.
However, note that it’s vital to wait for a few minutes before you plug back in at that time, your PS5 console will completely shut down.
7. Try inserting a disc into your PS5
You may use this hack to fix the ce-10005-6 error without any hurdle. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Firstly, plug the power cable into your PS5 console.
- Next, slowly insert the disc by pushing it slowly into your PS5 until your console turns on automatically.
- Lastly, pull out the disc, and the issue will be resolved in no time.
8. Try power cycling your PS5 console
This hack will turn off your console ultimately to make sure it drains out all the power. So, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press and hold the power button for almost 10 seconds until the blinking light disappears.
- Next, unplug the power plug.
- Next, wait for almost 20 minutes and then plug the
- everything back again, and then tries turning on your console to see if the
- the problem has been solved or not.
9. Try updating your console’s software
Last but not least, updating your system’s software helps in so many ways. It will remove all the bugs, errors, and glitches in no time. So, if none of the hacks mentioned above helps you, simply update your console’s software before heading to the repair shop.
You’re not alone in facing the PS5 error c3-10005-6, as it’s pretty common. However, note that it’s reversible, so you don’t need to worry. There are specific causes behind it, but they all link to disc or disc drive problems. Moreover, you may often see this error when trying to install a game, either by downloading it online or using a disc.
Considering all this, we have discussed the error c3-10005-6 in detail, such as what it is, its most common causes, and the hacks to fix it. These hacks are pretty straightforward to follow and wouldn’t cost much of your time and energy. So, follow them one by one to fix the error c3-10005-6 without any hurdle.