Have you ever experienced your console suddenly freeze or crash while enjoying your favorite games? This may occur for multiple reasons, including outdated PS5 Software and a damaged cord. Also, enabled rest mode, overused or overheated PS5, unwanted errors and bugs in the game data, hardware issues, enabled HDMI device link, and much more.
However, you don’t need to worry anymore, as we have some of the easiest hacks for you that may fix PS5 freezing issues within a heartbeat. These fixes include restarting or factory resetting your console, disabling the Rest mode and HDI device link, rebuilding the console’s database, updating or reinstalling the game, clearing the bugs and errors, and what not!
Let’s discuss each of the causes and the necessary fixes to avoid the PS5 crashing issues without any hurdle. By following this guide, we will not need to head to customer care support or take any guidance from the experts.
Why does my PS5 keep freezing?
There isn’t any particular reason that can cause your console to freeze or crash suddenly. There may be various potential circumstances that may create a hurdle for your console to work smoothly. Let’s ride through a few of the fundamental causes why your ps5 keeps crashing and freezing without any apparent or obvious reasons:
- Enabled Rest mode: Enabled Rest mode by default can cause sudden, pointless, and random crashes on your console. However, this can easily be prevented and fixed.
- Obsolete PS5 Software: Another common cause includes outdated Software on your console that may create a sudden hindrance to the normal functioning of your System.
- The damaged power cord of your console: This may create interruption with the proper power supply reaching your console resulting in sudden freezing and crashing of the System.
- Overheated console: Your PS5 may get overheated when overused or due to some internal problems. You may prevent this from happening pretty quickly.
- Random errors or bugs within the System: Bugs and errors are the true enemies of your console. It will help if you get rid of them to avoid further problems or mishaps.
- Hardware issue: Your hardware may also get damaged when not used properly. It’s always better to opt for precautions while working with your equipment.
- The problem within the game: Sometimes, you may face the error of crashing while playing a particular game. This may occur when this game itself has a problem. So, simply reinstall or delete it to solve the problem.
How to fix the PS5 freezing issue?
Let’s now walk through the super straightforward hacks that may help you fix the PS5 freezing issues in no time. They’re pretty easy to follow and won’t require much of your time and energy to be followed.
1. Try restarting your console
The first and the foremost hack to fix any problem concerning your console is simply restarting it. Restarting your console works as refreshing your System. This directly clears all the errors and bugs without letting you know. Moreover, your System would finely as soon as it resumes after a reboot or refreshed. So, do try this hack before opting for others.
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Hold down the Power button for a few seconds until you hear two beeping sounds.
- Next, disconnect your console from the leading Power outlet and finally reconnect it after a minute.
- Lastly, turn it on, and you’ll see your System free of any issues.
2. Try disabling the Rest mode
The Rest mode on your PS5 is a power-saving mode that helps you consume very little energy while downloading or installing any game. When you’re not using your System automatically goes into the Rest Mode when left idle. However, this feature may crash or freeze your System randomly without specific warnings. Also, you may even face this when you wake your console from the rest mode.
In addition, this feature is active by default, so whenever you face any such issue, simply disable this option to help your System works smoothly without any obstacle. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, head to the PS5 Settings menu at the top right corner of your Home Screen.
- Next, select System and then choose Power Saving.
- Now, click on the option Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode.
- Later, select Don’t Put in Rest Mode from the During Media Playback and While Playing Games options drop-down menu.
- Lastly, restart your System after going back to the Home Screen. This will refresh your System and will remove any errors or bugs.
3. Try factory resetting your console
Resetting your console is super obliging in getting freed of several errors and glitches. While resetting your System, you may often lose all your data. Therefore, we’ll discuss the most straightforward way in which all your data may remain stored without any hurdle:
- The first step is to press the power button on your console for a few seconds until you get two beeping sounds.
- Next, use the USB cable to plug the gaming controller into your console.
- Now press the PS button to get into the safe mode.
- Lastly, click on the Reset PS5 option to finish the steps and reset your System.
These simple steps may boot up your system and fix all the issues, including the PS5 crashing or freezing issue.
4. Try updating the Software on your console
The outdated Software is always a trouble-causing error for your System. Follow the steps below to update it to the recent version:
- Firstly, head to the PS5 Setting System, then click on the
- Next, select System Software Update & Settings.
- Now, select the option Update System software and then Update Using Internet. Use this second option when you have connected your console to the Internet.
- Lastly, select Update System Software and then Update from USB Drive. Note that you may only opt for it if your System has the latest Software downloaded on the USB drive.
All the above steps will update your System’s Software, rebuild its database and Restart your console to solve any problem such as crashing or freezing your PS5.
5. Try rebuilding the database
This hack may also go out for you as it clears up all the corrupted data and sorts out the hard drive issue. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- The first and the most crucial step is to turn off your console.
- Next, get into the Safe Mode of your PS5 by pressing the Power button for a few seconds until you hear two beeping sounds.
- Lastly, select the fifth option, rebuild the database, which will clear up all the errors and sort out any issues.
6. Try reinstalling or updating the particular game
Sometimes, the error may be within a specific game, so you face a crashing or freezing issue on your console whenever you play it. To deal with such an issue, all you need to do is reinstall it or update it accordingly. Here are the steps that may help you reinstall the game in no time:
- Firstly, head to the PS5 Settings.
- Next, select Storage and then Games and Apps.
- Now choose the game you want to delete and click the delete button.
- Further, go back to the Home Screen and visit the Game Library to download or reinstall that game again.
To update the game, simply visit the game library and go to the game you want to update. Suppose there’s any update present. Simply download it and enjoy the latest version of it.
7. Try checking the power cord
Sometimes there may be some defect with the power cord that can interfere with the energy supply to the console. To check it out, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, turn off the console.
- Next, disable the AC power cord and check for any damage. Suppose it’s broken; change it up. However, if not, continue following the steps.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and connect the power cord back to the console.
- Lastly, turn on the console.
8. Try checking for overheating
Many reasons may cause your console to overheat. These include rendering graphics-intensive games, dust or dirt built up within the console, and poor inflow near the console area.
All these reasons may overheat your System, which may cause a PS5 crash or freezing issue.
9. Try contacting placation support
Last but not least, even if, after following the guide above, you face the problem of crashing or freezing the console, feel free to contact the PlayStation Support team. They’ll help and guide you better regarding this issue and help you avoid such a problem in the future.
There are many reasons for your PS5 console to crash or freeze suddenly. However, you can quickly fix each of them.
Therefore, in this article, we have discussed some of the most common causes of the PS5 crashing issue. Also, the fixes to help you get rid of it in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Follow this excellent guide for your ease and support.