PS5 not reading, taking, or ejecting disc is super frustrating and annoying. Multiple reasons may lead to such a situation, commonly dirty disc, outdated firmware, hardware issues, and software issues. However, all these errors are reversible and can easily be fixed. So, don’t worry anymore, as this guide is all you need to resolve such an issue.
Considering all this, we shall dig into detail for the reasons that may cause your PS5 console not to read, recognize, take, or eject the disc. Also, we shall walk through some of the most straightforward hacks that may help you get rid of this problem in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Go on and read this step-by-step guide to learn all about the issue of discs concerning your PS5 console
Why my PS5 won’t read, take, or eject the disc?
Multiple reasons can cause your console not to be able to read a disc. Malfunctioning hardware, damaged disc, or software-related glitches are always on the top of the list. Therefore, to know the cause behind such an error on your console, you need to follow some troubleshooting steps.
But before that, let’s discuss the causes why your PS5 won’t read, take, or eject disc for your better understanding and guidance.
- Dirty, scratched, or damaged disc: The first thing that should come to your mind when your disc is not working on your PS5 should be a damaged disc. The poor condition of your disc is mainly when you don’t clean it regularly or when it falls and gets scratched. So, it’s essential to keep it in a clean, dry, and safe place.
- Glitches on your console: Random errors, bugs, and glitches are the primary source of multiple problems in your console. They affect the disc reading ability of your console to a great extent. Therefore, reboot your console regularly to avoid such problematic issues. It will refresh your System and let it rest for a time.
- Corrupted games: If the game you have already installed on your console is not working, the main reason could be that the game has been corrupted or that your console has stopped reading the disc. Both the reasons may occur randomly or when the system update is inappropriate. Moreover, problems within the storage device may also create such a situation for you.
- Hardware issues: Hardware issues most commonly include a malfunctioning disc reader. This may happen all of a sudden or as time passes by. In both cases, you need to get it repaired or purchase a new one to enable your PS5 to continue reading the disc correctly without any hurdle in no time.
How to fix PS5 not reading disc?
Fixing all the problems discussed above is pretty simple. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step guide below. These hacks are pretty straightforward and don’t require much of your time and energy. So, let’s discuss them in detail:
1. Try cleaning your disc
If your disc isn’t clean, you’ll undoubtedly face issues with your console not reading, ejecting, or taking the disc. Therefore, cleaning it regularly whenever you insert your disc within the drive is very important. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- The first step is to eject the disc manually by pressing the eject button present on your console. Another way to do so is to press the options button and then the Eject disc option present on the Dual Sense controller of your Home menu.
- Next, look for any scratches or smudges over it carefully. If present, clean the disc up using a clean, soft microfiber cloth.
- Lastly, insert the disc back into the console and check whether your console is now accepting the disc or not.
2. Try restarting your system
The most crucial hack to fix any problem concerning your PS5 is simply restarting or rebooting it. Restarting your console works as refreshing your console. This directly clears all the hidden issues without even letting you know. Moreover, your System would work efficiently when it recommences after a reboot or refreshed.
So, trying this hack before any other is always a wise option. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Hold down the Power button for a few seconds until you hear two beeping sounds.
- Next, detach your console from the leading Power outlet and re-join it after a minute.
- Lastly, turn it on, and you’ll see your System free of any issues.
3. Make sure you’re inserting the disc correctly
Inserting the disc incorrectly may cause your System not to accept, read, or eject the disc. Therefore, it is vital to ensure you’re inserting the disc the right way. Therefore, to check the disc orientation, follow the steps mentioned below:
- The initial step is to eject the inserted disc from your PS5 console by pressing the eject button.
- Next, check for dirt, dust, or smudges over the disc. If present, clean it up using the microfiber cloth.
- Now, insert back the disc. If your PS5 is in a vertical position, you should insert the disc with the labeled side on the left. While if your PS5 is in a horizontal plane, the labeled side should be on the top.
- After placing them in the right way, now look at whether your System is accepting the disc or not.
4. Look at the compatibility of your disc with the console
After trying the above hacks, and if they fail for you, it’s essential to check the compatibility of the discs with your System. Sometimes the discs are not well-suited to function with your console, therefore, creating a hindrance. Therefore, follow the steps given below to check the compatibility of your disc.
- Make sure you’re using the PS4 game discs if opting for the backward compatible disc. The PS3 or older discs don’t work on the PS5 console.
- Make sure you’re using authorized DVDs or Blu-Ray discs as others may not work for you.
- Make sure the disc you’re using doesn’t have any problems like burned-up issues, as this may cause the PS5 not to read the disc.
- Also, make sure you’re not using a CD, as it will also not work on your PS5 console.
5. Try updating the firmware and resetting your system
Major PS5 console problems may occur when your firmware is not updated. Therefore, even after cleaning or rebooting your System, update your System’s software and reset the System without any delay if the problem doesn’t get solved. In such a case, follow the steps given below to update your firmware in no time:
- Firstly, head to the PS5 Next, select System Software Update & Settings.
- Now, select Update System Software.
- Click on Update Using Internet.
- Wait for a few minutes until the procedure completes.
Lastly, restart your console, your mic, and the controller and see for some fixation of your mic. Now, to reset your System, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the power button on your console for seconds until you get two beeping sounds.
- Next, use the USB cable to plug the gaming controller into your console.
- Now press the PS button to get into the safe mode.
- Lastly, click on the Reset PS5 option to finish the steps and reset your System.
6. Try contacting the PlayStation support center
So, if none of those mentioned above hacks worked for you, you’re only left with the option of contacting the System Support Team for PS5. They’ll help you recognize the problem behind your console, not reading, taking, or ejecting the disc. You may even go to the nearest Support center, where the team would quickly fix such an issue within no time.
Moreover, if you still have the warranty, it’s a plus point for you, and you don’t need to worry. So, feel free to contact the Customer support team before heading to any local repair shop.
We know how it feels when you’re super excited to play your favorite game, and your PS5 doesn’t accept, read, or recognize the disc you’re inserting. It’s super annoying and frustrating indeed. However, you don’t need to worry anymore as we have some of the easiest and quick hacks for you to fix such an issue in no time.
So, follow this step-by-step to learn the leading causes behind such an issue to help you prevent them in the future. Also, we have listed all the hacks to fix these causes in just a heartbeat. These hacks will surely save you the time, energy, and money you will spend at the nearby repair shop. So, what are you looking for? Follow this guide for outstanding results.