Sony offers you an online account at PSN to enjoy its full range of features, but of course, you will have to adhere to its Terms of Service and Community Code of Conduct. Those who have violated these guidelines have faced harsh consequences in the form of temporary account suspension or permanent ban.
Whether permanent or temporary, these bans are quite painful and shocking for pro gamers that are no longer allowed to participate in the PS4 Digital world. Also, there is a big difference between getting your PS4 console banned and a PS account banned. If you don’t know much about it, you are at the right place; we are here with complete guide to help you understand why your PS account is suspended and how to get unbanned from PS4?
Let’s get started
Why is my PlayStation account suspended?
Once you join the PlayStation online network and sign up for an account, you agree to follow the brand rules and won’t breach any of them. However, in case the PlayStation Network decides to ban your PS4 or account, you will receive an email from the network with detailed reasons for their action.
It’s only the network that can decide whether you should be punished with a suspension or permanent ban. Here we have listed a few prominent reasons that initiate the banning process for gamers:
- Feeding misinformation while creating a PSN account
- Promoting hate speeches or encouraging illegal activities
- Illegal sharing of games & cheating
- Slandering or threatening other players
- Inadequate behavior or bullying of any other players
- Using cheat codes during multiplayer games
- Impersonating as another player
- Promoting or utilizing unlicensed setup (hardware/software)
- Sharing anyone’s personal information without approval
- Uploading content containing viruses or spyware
- Being in debt with PlayStation
In the likely event of a severe breach of terms & conditions or regular banning of a PS4, PlayStation can sentence you to a permanent ban without any notification. You won’t find why your account was banned.
Pay attention to error messages
The moment Sony decides you are no longer allowed in the marvelous digital gaming world of PS4, you will receive an error message “Access to PlayStation Network by this account has been banned due to violations of the PlayStation Network Term of Services and user agreement.”
Here we are writing a few error messages with code and the meaning for your better understanding:
- WS-37337-3 This PSN account has been temporarily suspended.
- WS-37368-7 This PSN account has been permanently banned from the network.
- WS-37338-4 This PS4 console has been permanently banned from the PlayStation
- WS-37397-9 Having some connection error
- 8002A231 Your PlayStation Network account has been suspended
- 8002A227 Your account can no longer use the PlayStation Network.
- 80710016 Having a problem with your IP, go to WS-37397 Error Code
- WS-37397 IP address has been blocked for an activity that violates the PSN Terms of Service and User Agreement
How to get unbanned from PlayStation?
Even the slightest idea of not being able to play your favorite game can lead to frustration. The error message gives a fair notion of where you stand and what type of ban you are dealing with. We have researched well to offer you counter options and let you know everything about how to get unbanned from PlayStation.
- Read the Terms of services again from the PlayStation website to better understand your mistake.
- Be sure about your bank statement because PSN has almost zero resilience when it comes to money debt error.
- In case your bank has stopped all the installments, or your record is unfilled, it would be a major point of concern now. In a PS4 gaming setup, an empty account is always a serious concern. Contact your bank or card company to pay the balance.
- Take an alternate PS4 and sign in, or you can use a browser on a PC or smartphone to log into your PSN account. If you can sign in there, be assured the issue lies with your PS4 console and not the PSN account.
- Well, at this point give a call to PlayStation at 1-800-345-7669 and seek help to figure out what the real trouble is.
- On the contrary, if you are all-time prohibited from accessing the PS4, you may have received a permanent ban.
What to do with a permaban?
If you have landed yourself in hot waters where you’re permanently banned, there is very less you can do to restore it. Sony has set some strict rules; therefore, permaban only applies after you have received numerous temporary bans. Moreover, you won’t receive any kind of notification as an alarm or reasoning for the troublesome venture but the most serious misconduct observed by the network results in a permaban.
However, you can follow these steps for the last attempt of claiming your PS4 back:
- Call the PSN helpline to plead your case; they can look over your account and apprise you of the reason for a permanent ban.
- For temporary ban/ suspension, PlayStation sends you a notification with a reason and how long it will last, but there will be no exclusive notification for a permaban.
Getting your permaban account reinstated is an exhausting exercise, and there are very few chances that you will have a positive resolution in your favor.
PS4 is a gigantic name in the gaming industry and is equally popular for its outstanding performance among gamers’ old and young generations. Experiencing a ban from your PS4 is not a pleasant event at all, but the best course of action is to evaluate the reasons for PlayStation Support Suspension in the first place.
VPN is an alternate option to bypass the ban, but it is wise to follow the above-mentioned guidelines and have patience. I hope we have helped you understand the gravity of breaching the Terms of services and how to tackle them.