The PS4 controller has always been an excellent piece of equipment for playing games. You may either use them with your PS4 console or with Windows PC. However, the only drawback is that its battery has a lifespan of just 5 to 8 hours, after which it needs to get charged again. Therefore, it’s always best to turn off your PS4 controller when it’s not being used.
Considering this, we shall discuss in detail how you can turn off your PS4 controller using simple and easy methods that don’t require extra energy or time. We shall talk about four different methods to do so, which are all similar in one way or another. So, continue reading to learn all about turning off your PS4 controller to save its battery and enable it to work more efficiently.
How to turn off PlayStation 4 controller?
Let’s now discuss each method individually in detail to turn off your PS4 controller. We shall talk about the method, which includes using the PS button, using the Quick menu, timer settings, and using PC. These all save battery when your PS4 is not in use.
This method is the easiest and simplest one among all three. You may simply use it after you finish playing your games as it’s a manual one. Therefore, once you’re over with enjoying your gameplay or watching some videos, or listening to your favorite songs, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, press the PS button present at the center of your screen on the controller between the analog sticks.
- Next, head to Configure Computers and pick X.
- Now, scroll down till you get to the bottom of your list by pressing X and then pick the option that shuts off your computer.
- Lastly, select DualShock 4 and press X to finish the process.
This method also includes the usage of the PS button on your controller. To use this method to turn off your PS4 controller, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the PS button on your controller for around two seconds until the Quick menu appears.
- Next, select Sound/Devices and Turn off Device.
- Lastly, choose your DualShock 4 on the Turn off Device screen option.
3. How to turn off PlayStation 4 controller via timer settings
You can use this method to automatically turn off your PS4 controller after a period when it’s not being used. Below are steps you may follow to opt for this method:
- Firstly, press the PS button on your controller and hold it for almost two seconds until the Quick menu appears.
- Next, choose Sound/Devices.
- Now, select the option “Set Time Until Controllers Turns Off” and select the time you want your PS4 controller to turn off, for example, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour.
- After following these steps, your PS4 controller will become inactive for the selected period. After that, it will turn on automatically.
4. How to turn off PlayStation controller on PC
Do you know you may turn off your PS4 controller on your PC? This can be done using the remote or the DualShock app on a PC. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, head to the Remote Play app.
- Next, click on the option Turn off Device.
- This will simply shut down your wireless controller using an Android device.
To turn off your PS4 controller on an MS Windows device, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, head to the Settings on your MS Windows device.
- Next, Go to Devices and select Shut Down Wireless Controller.
However, if you have Mac OSX installed, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, scroll through all the apps present on your computer.
- Look for “Sony’s Remote Play” for PlayStation App.
- Now look for the option “Turn off this device when not in use on it.”
- Click on OK, and you’re all set to turn your PS4 controller.
The PS4 controller is excellent equipment for enjoying all your favorite games on a PS4 or a PC. Its battery has a lifespan of just 5-8 hours, making it a bit tough to use, and you have to charge it more often. However, the best way is to turn it off when not in use to save all the remaining batteries.
Keeping this in mind, we have talked about different ways that you may opt for turning your PS4 controller off in no time. They’re pretty simple and easy to follow and won’t require extra effort. These methods include using the PS button, the Quick menu, the timer settings option, and using PC.