Though all gamers pair their consoles with controllers, not every time a controller helps with every game. There are multiple games that you would definitely enjoy more when you use a mouse and keyboard on your PS4. Besides, many games on your PS4 work quite fine and even better when you play them using a mouse and keyboard.
Playing games on your PS4 using a mouse and keyboard is no rocket science. All you have to ensure is a proper connection. It is not always necessary to use a controller on your PS4. You can opt for accessories at your convenience. However, not everyone may know how to use a mouse and keyboard on their PS4.
This article rides you through a precise guide on using the mouse and keyboard on your PS4 without hustling much. So, let’s get started!
Can you use the mouse and keyboard on PS4?
Generally, gamers use controllers on their consoles. However, you may sit back and relax since you can enjoy your gaming the way you want! If you’re going to have the best time on your PS4 using a mouse ad keyboard rather than a controller, you are free to go for it!
Using a mouse and keyboard makes gaming much better! With the mouse and keyboard set up, you have many better features. Besides, it also increases the accuracy and functionality of your games on your PS4. Understandably, you cannot match the work of a tiny controller with that of a mouse and keyboard.
How to use keyboard and mouse on PS4?
Undeniably, the mouse and keyboard combination doubles the fun while you play your favorite games on PS4. But unfortunately, not everyone can manage to switch to using a mouse and keyboard from controllers. You may also find the procedure of shifting from a controller hectic, but if you are eager to do so, fear not! We will break down the process into manageable steps so you can enjoy gaming on your PS4 using a mouse and keyboard.
So, without further delay, let’s see how you can use the mouse and keyboard on PS4.
1. Guide to use mouse and keyboard (Wired) On PS4
Firstly, there are two modes of using a mouse and keyboard on your PS4. One is wired, which involves using USB ports, while the other is wireless, which refers to connecting via Bluetooth. Let’s see how you can use the mouse and keyboard via wired mode on your PS4;
- To begin, you will need to find out the USB ports on your PS4. You can see two ports available on the front of your console.
- When you find the USB ports, you next need to connect your keyboard and mouse to these ports.
- After inserting the cables into USB ports, ideally, your PS4 will give you an indicator of the detection of new devices.
- Next, your PS4 will want you to select which profile you want to use with your mouse and keyboard.
- Once you select the profile, you are good to press ‘OK.’
- If you have followed the steps mentioned above, you have successfully connected your mouse and keyboard to PS4 and can proceed as usual.
2. Guide to use mouse and keyboard wireless On PS4
If you do not wish to use a wired mouse and keyboard on PS4, you can opt for wireless. Using a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on your PS4 is easy as well. For a quick setup, please read the following steps carefully;
- First of all, navigate to the dynamic menu on your home screen.
- Next, you have to look for the ‘UP’ option and press it using your d-pad.
- Next, you will need to navigate to the ‘settings.’
- Once you are in the settings, go for ‘devices’ and then ‘Bluetooth devices.’
- Please wait for a while, and allow your PS4 to take notice of Bluetooth devices available in the vicinity.
- You can also pair your mouse and keyboard already ready to pair.
- Next, you will need to choose the profile you want to use for your wireless mouse and keyboard.
- Once you have selected your profile, you are all set to continue using your PS4.
PS4 games compatible with mouse and keyboard
Many games work well when you pair your PS4 with a mouse and keyboard. Similarly, some games are excellent only when you use a controller on your PS4. So, let’s have a look at the games that are highly compatible with the mouse and keyboard on your PS4;
- They are billions.
- Call of duty (modern warfare.)
- War thunder.
- DC universe online.
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2.
- Civilization VI.
Our recommended mouse and keyboard for PS4
We have got a recommendation list for you so you may know which mouse and keyboards you can use on your PS4. Let’s have a look at the list;
- SteelSeries Rival 310 Gaming Mouse.
- Razer DeathAdder V2 Mouse.
- Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard.
- Logitech G613 Gaming Keyboard.
- Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse.
- Corsair K95 Gaming Keyboard.
- Redragon K552 Gaming Keyboard.
- Redragon S101 Gaming Mouse & Keyboard.
Indeed, it is incredible that PS4 allows its gamers to have fun with both the controllers and mouse/keyboards. If your favorite game works heavenly better using a mouse and keyboard, you are free to opt for it. Similarly, gamers who enjoy playing using controllers can always continue to do so!
In this article, we have tried our best to provide you with information on how to use a mouse and keyboard on your PS4 and multiple recommended mouse and keyboards. Hopefully, it will prove helpful!