As you know, the PS4 box includes the console, one controller, and a devoted one-ear PS4 headphone. However, you may also use a regular one as a PS4 headphone, especially if you don’t have access to the dedicated one. So, no need to buy extra accessories; just utilize the normal ones without spending the extra money to enjoy your favorite games anywhere and anytime.
Considering this, we shall discuss the easiest way to use your regular headphones or Headset with PS4. Also, we shall work through some of the compatible headphones for an outstanding gaming experience. Further, you may learn how to connect both wired and wireless headphones to your console. So, what are you waiting for? Continue reading to learn all this in no time.
Can you use regular headphones on PS4?
Yes, you can easily use your regular headphones on PS4. It’s pretty simple to do so. However, some people may find trouble to use it. You may hear sound ranging from hearing just the controller or conversational to complete audio without any hurdle. Moreover, it’s incredibly user-friendly, and you don’t need any other equipment for its setup.
How to use a headset on PS4?
To use a headset on PS4, first head to the Sound/Devices, then Volume Control, click on the controller option, and turn it to zero. However, to listen to the complete game audio, you need to have the default layout of the headphone jack for it to function well. The contacts must be arranged as Audio (left)> Audio (Right)> Ground> Microphone (tip to sleeve).
This arrangement has been standardized by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association for all devices, including Xbox, PS4, smartphones, and others. Therefore, Apple EarPods’ microphones don’t work on PS4 as this arrangement is not available for Apple equipment.
What are PS4 compatible headphones to PS4?
Multiple third-party headphones are available that you can use with the PS4 for a great gaming experience. However, make sure that whichever you choose, it should follow the standards and guidelines of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association. This is what makes them compatible with PS4.
How to connect headphones to PS4?
After selecting the most compatible headphones, you need to learn how to connect them to PS4. Suppose you don’t know how to do so. Then, in this case, these headphones would never work for you. Therefore, let’s discuss how to connect headphones to PS4 let it be wired or wireless.
1. Wired headphones
Wireless headphones are always preferred over wired ones due to their extraordinary features. But still, some people like using the wired ones as they don’t have to be charged. So, let’s just discuss how you can connect it to PS4 for a great gaming experience.
- The first step is to long-press the PlayStation button on the DualShock controller or press the D-Pad up button.
- Next, head to the Settings in the far-right corner.
- Now, scroll down and click on Devices.
- Select Audio devices. Here you’ll see many options that are relevant to your cause. Also, connect your headphones if you haven’t already. You can connect them to your TV/monitor or your controller.
- Next, make sure you have checked the box for Switch Output Device Automatically. Otherwise, you’ll have to alter the output source every time you plug in or out your headphone.
- Now, head to the Output device and select Headset connected to the controller on the next screen after clicking the headphones to your controller. Also, note that TV or AV Amplifier would be selected by default.
- Further, divert all audio output to your headphones to help you hear all the audios; otherwise, only chat audio will be audible. Select All audio on the Output to Headphones present on the Audio Device page.
- Now, select the Input Devices and select your headphone and mic to complete the process. Also, do test your mic by choosing the Adjust Microphone Level.
2. Wireless Headphones
For the wireless headphones, you need to have a Bluetooth dongle. This is much more like the Nintendo Switch; therefore, you can connect your headphones to the dongle. Then repeat the steps mentioned above to complete the whole procedure.
Headphones are pretty necessary for some excellent gaming experiences. The PS4 box comes with a console, controller, and Headset. However, suppose you don’t have this Headset. In that case, you may even use the regular one to hear the sound ranging from conversational to complete audio without any hurdle. Moreover, you may opt for both wired and wireless headphones depending upon your convenience.
Considering all this, we have discussed the headphones in detail that may work well with a PS4. We have also walked through the guidance that may help you connect the regular headsets to your console. Also, we have briefed you about the compatible headphones for PS4 and the steps you need to follow to connect both the wired and wireless headsets in no time.