A PS4 without Internet is typically boring as you wouldn’t be able to use the most exciting features. These include streaming videos, a multiplayer option, installing new games, updating the old ones, and much more. There are various reasons behind a failed internet connection. Out of which, interrupted Wi-Fi connection, offline Network, and changed DNS settings are the most common ones.
However, they all are no big deal, and you don’t need to worry a bit about them. We have all covered up for you. In this article, we shall list the possible causes behind the failed internet connection and their solutions. This will help you enjoy all your games and movies with no disturbance and hurdles.
Why is my PS4 not connecting to WiFi?
As mentioned before, there may be multiple causes behind your PS4 not connecting to the Internet. Let’s walk through a few of the commonest ones that will help you prevent them in the future.
- Your PlayStation Network may be offline, making it a hurdle for your PS4 to connect to the Internet.
- Another commonest cause may be problems with your router. Your router may have connectivity issues.
- Password issues are often present as well. These may appear with your Wi-Fi or console.
- Disturbances with DNS settings on your console may result in connectivity issues as well.
How to fix the PS4 Internet connection failed error?
Before heading to the solutions for the problems mentioned above, you need to follow the below-given steps.
- Check whether the internet connection is proper on other working devices, like computers, cell phones, or tablets.
- Check the devices with the same kind of connection if your console is connected through a wired cable. Try connecting your computer with the same wired cable and check the internet connection.
Let’s dig into a few fixes you may follow when you’ve Internet connection failed errors.
1. Restart or reboot your PS4 or router
Restarting your PS4 or router solves many of the errors within just a few seconds. It’s a great and very simple hack. All you need to do is switch off your PS4 and then remove the power supply. Leave it for 10 seconds and then connect back all the wires and turn on your PS4. Also, make sure that you turn off your router and connect it back after you switch on your PS4.
2. Reset the default settings in your router
Another simple technique is to reset your router’s default settings. For this, you just need to adjust the settings and restart your router to refresh it.
3. Adjust the Wi-Fi connection mode
Even after restarting your router and PS4, you still face the connectivity issue; you should definitely try this hack. Changing the Wi-Fi connection mode will fix all the issues within no time. Therefore, go to your router setup settings, and drop down the Wi-Fi transmission mode up to 54 Mbit/s. This hack is pretty reliable and has worked really well for many people, so give it a try with no fear.
4. Disable N mode in your router
Another way to rule out the connectivity issue is to change some settings on your Wi-Fi device. Out of which, the most important one is to disable the N mode for this. So, you need to head to your Wi-Fi settings in your router and disable the N mode. This hack is pretty easy and would take a few seconds, so try it out without wasting your time.
5. Change your ethernet wired cord
Usually, there are some issue settings on PS4 or the router. However, even after trying all the hacks, you still fail to have an internet connection. First, try swapping your ethernet wired cord with some other cable to rule out a problem with it. If it works fine with the changed cord, it clearly shows you have an issue with your cable. You may also try plugging your old cord into some other devices to check whether it’s working or not.
6. Move your wireless router close to your PS4 console
Low signal problems are pretty common as well. This may happen due to the distance or the walls which block them from traveling perfectly. So, to prevent this from happening, you may just move your wireless router close to your PS4 console or vice versa. In this way, we’ll be able to tackle signal loss in no time.
7. Get a Wi-Fi extender
Even after moving your router and console closer to each other, you still experience a low signal issue; then, get a Wi-Fi extender. For this, you need to buy a new router with a wide signal transmitting ability.
8. Re-enter your console’s Wi-Fi password
Having a password issue is pretty common as well. You may not be using the correct Wi-Fi password, which may result in inconvenience. To tackle this problem, you may re-enter your Wi-Fi password, which will refresh your connection as well. Follow the below-given steps to do so:
- On your Ps4, head to the Settings.
- Go to the Network and then select Set up Internet Connection.
- Now, select Use Wi-Fi.
- Then, click on Easy.
- You may now choose your Wi-Fi Network from the list and enter your password correctly.
9. Change your PS4’s DNS settings
If none of the above steps resolved your problem, then you should try out checking your PS4’s DNS settings. DNS server is like an address book and can tell your PS4 console to find out locations on the Internet to solve your connectivity issues. Follow the steps below to change your DNS server’s setting.
- On your PS4, head to the Settings.
- Go to the Network and then select Set up Internet Connection.
- Select either Use a LAN Cable or Use Wi-Fi, depending upon how you’re connecting.
- Now, go on Custom and choose your Wi-Fi Network.
- Then, select Automatic. Further, select Do Not Specify and then Manual.
- Select Primary DNS and then enter 126.96.36.199
- Also, select Secondary DNS and then enter 188.8.131.52.
- Click on Next.
- Now select Automatic and Do not Use.
- Now check your internet connection, and we’re pretty sure it’ll start working.
Last but not least, even after trying all the above fixes, you face the problem. Then there’s no other option than trying contacting Sony’s support for help.
- How to repair PS4 HDMI port
- Why is my PS4 not accepting disc
- Why is my PlayStation 4 not turning on
- Why is my PS4 flashing white light
- Where can I get my PS4 fixed
A PS4 without Internet is typically boring as you wouldn’t be able to use most of the exciting features. There are various reasons behind a failed internet connection. Out of which, interrupted Wi-Fi connection, offline Network, and changed DNS settings are the most common ones.
Therefore, in this article, we shall list down the possible causes behind the failed internet connection along with their solutions. This will help you enjoy all your games and movies with no disturbance and hurdles.