Sony allows gamers to download and purchase games on a PS4 via the PlayStation Store. While you make a purchase through a credit/ debit card, the payment details are saved on PS4 servers. Moreover, you can save up to 3 credit card details on your account, and the storage helps gamers purchase and pay without any delay.
Like all other user-friendly options in the system, you can remove this information from PS4 servers. The procedure is simple; even if you have lost your account’s password, you don’t need to worry about it. We have elaborated simple steps to help you solve the equation of How to Remove a credit card from PS4 without a Password?
How to remove credit card from PS4 without password?
Before removing the card, you must find where these cards are stored on your PS4. These are saved under User Info, and you can find cards that are linked with the account. The next step would be permanently deleting the particular card; let us walk you through the steps one by one:
Method # 1
- First, Press the “PlayStation” button on your controller.
- Open the PS4 home page.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Choose Account Management
- Go through the Account Information Page and select the Wallet and Payment Methods. If it is not visible, search in the drop-down menu.
- Stored Credit cards will appear in the Payment Method Section.
- Click on the Delete
- Follow the instruction and complete the process.
Method # 2
- Remove all power plugs from PS4.
- Now hold the power button for at least 7 seconds to turn off the PS4
- Now again, plug the power cords in your PS4 and turn it on.
- Go to Settings, then open
- Tap Security
- You can now enter a new password or simply remove the Credit Card Information by taping “None” under the Wallet Passcode.
- Select Okay to emove credit card information from the PSN Wallet Passcode screen
- Press Enter for completing the procedure.
Both methods mentioned above can help gamers to resolve their issues. In case you are still failed to remove the credit card information from your PS4 account, visit the PlayStation Support Website to sort out the issue.
The PS4 is a pure gaming and entertainment system with remarkable features; saving credit card information for frequent purchases is one of them. However, it facilitates its users to safely remove the credit card credentials without any extra measures or verifications.
If you are facing any difficulty on how to remove a credit card from PS4, just don’t sweat it; there are easy steps that help. The method is helpful for users who lost the password and are unable to change or access their settings.
PlayStation Store accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and debit cards with Visa/ Master card logos. Above, we have outlined instructions and methods on how to delete cards off PS4.