Xbox one has always been a great console for gaming. You may enjoy your favorite game anywhere and anytime with no interruptions. However, they may sometimes show errors, whether new or old such as the Xbox one not reading disc or showing some problems. In such a case, you may not need to worry at all as it’s completely repairable.
Considering all this, in this article, we shall discuss the main reasons behind your Xbox one not taking or reading discs to help you prevent such a misfortune. Also, we shall dig into the hacks that may help you fix these errors without investing much of your time and energy. So, read on to learn all about Xbox one stopped reading discs.
What causes Xbox won’t read disc?
The most common reason behind your Xbox one disc drive not reading discs is its inability to take discs or recognize them due to certain malfunctions. It may also occur due to certain damages within your console, disc drive, or even disc. You may simply detect a defective disc if your console is not reading one particular disc while others are working well.
Below are a few of the most common causes that enable your Xbox one not to read discs without any obvious reasons. They’re completely preventable, so make sure you avoid them in the future to avoid such uncertain errors from occurring.
1. Unseen dirt
Dirt, dust, and hair can most commonly find their way to stick within your console. This creates many internal problems hindering the functioning of your system’s components, including that of the disc drive.
2. External objects
External or foreign things include paper clips, paper, toys, or coins. These objects may also get stuck within the minute components of your console, which in return cause unwanted damage.
Sometimes, your console’s settings may interfere with the normal functioning of its components. For instance, instant-on power mode may affect your system from reading or taking in discs.
4. Faulty hardware
Impairment within your Systems, such as loose screws, rollers, or levers, may also affect its normal operational capabilities. You may often need to get a new system in such a case.
How to fix Xbox one disc drive not working the same?
No matter how long you have used your Xbox one, it may often function abnormally without any apparent cause. This might frustrate you, but you don’t need to worry anymore. Below are a few of the easiest hacks that may help you fix your xbox one disc drive not taking disc error in no time.
1. Clean out the internal components of your console
The first step is to fix any barrier to the normal functioning of your disc drive, which is extreme dirt and dust. To do so, clear it out using a microfiber cloth and a soft brush. You may also use a can of compressed air and a bottle of rubbing alcohol for complete finishing. However, make sure you don’t rub it harshly or give any scratches which may further impact its functioning.
Using the microfiber cloth, you may wipe out the area around the disc drive to clean it out, or the simplest way is to use compressed air to blow out the dirt. However, make sure you don’t use a high-pressure one as it may create hurdles for you.
Additionally, to clean out the disc, you may simply wipe off both sides using the microfiber cloth. However, to do it efficiently, you may use a few drops of rubbing alcohol. This will remove any stains or spots but make sure you fully dry it off before inserting it into your disc drive.
2. Check out any damage within the system or on the disc
Another most important cause may be a damaged disc or system, which may alter the working of the disc drive. For an efficient console, you often need to look for any damages to get them repaired at the earliest time.
To inspect the console, you may need to check for any physical damage such as dents, dust, or spills. While examining the disc, look at both sides for any cracks or scratches.
If there’s any problem with the console, you need to take the help of an expert to get it fixed, while damaged discs are often of no use.
3. Updating and restarting your console
You may install the latest updates for your console and then restart the system to reboot your Xbox. This may refresh your system and remove all the errors and obstacles in just a heartbeat. To do so, follow the steps below:
- The first step is to connect your Xbox One with the internet device.
- Next, press the button on your controller indicating the Xbox button, which will open a guide.
- Then click on Profile and System.
- Now on settings, go to the system, then click on Update. This will make the latest updates on your console instantly.
- After updating your system, you need to restart the system. For this, press the Xbox button on your console for almost ten seconds and then press it again to turn it on.
4. Try another disc
Commonly, sometimes you may think that there’s some problem within your system while the actual problem is with the disc. For example, the excess scratch marks may destroy its functioning without letting you know. In such a case, you need to try this in another console or another disc in your console. The latter one is much better and more convenient to do.
If another disc works well for you, it indicates that the previous disc had some issues. Try fixing it, if not possible, and that disc will go to waste.
5. Try moving your Xbox
This hack may be pretty efficient for you. All you need to do is change the position of your console. For instance, if it’s in the vertical position, try placing it in the horizontal position and vice versa. Sometimes doing so may help your disc drive to improve its reading capabilities. Moreover, it enables a more stable and flat position that has a huge impact on its functioning.
6. Try resetting your Xbox console
As you know, resetting your console helps remove all the bugs from it and enable it to have a new system. This may aid you in many ways, especially when your disc drive is not interpreting or reading discs. Below are the steps you need to follow to reset your Xbox in no time. First, however, make sure you have backed up all your important info, files, and apps.
The first step is to press the button on your console and open the guide.
- Next select Profile & System.
- Now open up the Settings and head to System and Console info.
- Lastly, select Reset console and then Reset and keep my games and apps.
- Note that these steps will only delete the corrupted files, and all your games and data will remain saved in your console. Therefore, this hack is pretty convenient for you as it would remove all the irrelevant bugs and errors.
7. Try changing power modes on your console
Sometimes, altered settings would also create a hurdle for your disc drive to operate normally. Therefore, you need to check the settings before opting for other steps. In such a case, you need to follow the steps below, which are pretty simple and often take just a few seconds:
- Firstly, open up the guide on your Xbox by pressing the Xbox button and then heading to Profile & System.
- Next, go to Settings and open up the General option.
- Now go to the Power mode, start, and click on the Power mode.
- Further, select the energy-saving mode, which will change the mode of your console.
- Later, restart your console. To do so, press the power button on your console for 10 seconds, shutting it off. Then press it again to open it up.
- Why is my Xbox one HDMI not working
- How to fix drift on Xbox one controller
- Xbox one emulator for windows 10
- How to connect the Discord app on Xbox One
- Xbox emulator for android
- Why Is My Xbox One Running Slow
- Install Xbox one controller driver
Multiple reasons may alter the normal functioning of your disc drive within your Xbox one. The most common is excessive dirt and dust accumulation within your system.
Considering all this, we have discussed the most common causes behind your console not taking or reading the disc. Also, we have given a step-by-step guide to help you fix all the possible hurdles and avoid them in the future, which would save both your time and energy.