Xbox games are totally entertaining, and slight disturbance while playing it may be super annoying. You may often feel your Xbox running slow or lagging. This is pretty common and needs your attention to function properly, just like before. Therefore, if you’re facing trouble with the speed of your Xbox, no matter you’re playing online or offline, you need to rule out the cause behind it.
Keeping all this in mind, we shall discuss the most common factors causing your Xbox one to lag, along with some tips to tackle them. So, continue reading to learn about Xbox one running slow to enjoy your favorite games without any hindrance.
Why is my Xbox so slow?
Several factors may cause your Xbox to function slow. Out of which, the most common one is a slow connection. A slow internet connection may cause all your online games to lag, resulting in super annoying disturbances. Another critical cause may include caches in your system. Caches are the info regarding games and system updates, so excessive of it may cause your system to hang a lot.
Moreover, whole storage and slow home may also result in poor speed, which thus requires troubleshooting to clear out the problem in no time.
Let’s ride through some of the most important tips to solve the problems mentioned above in the blink of an eye.
1. Poor internet connection
The first thing you need to check is your internet connection if you’re facing trouble with the speed of your Xbox one. Note whether all your devices at home are working slow or is this the problem with your Xbox only. If all the devices are involved, then get new internet service for yourself.
However, if the problem is just with your Xbox, you need to bring your router close to your Xbox. Moreover, you may even connect them using Ethernet cables that are pretty cheap and readily available. You can easily hide these cables under the carpets or flooring too. However, suppose you don’t want to go with this option. In that case, you may opt for a Wi-Fi booster box with remarkable results but is a bit expensive comparatively.
2. Excessive cache
A cache is info regarding all the games and system updates that your Xbox uses daily. Unfortunately, an excess of this info fills up your storage, resulting in poor speed and lagging of your system. To tackle this, all you need to do is clear it up for your Xbox to run smoothly without any hurdle. To do so, follow the steps below:
The first step is to save your save to avoid any trouble with your games.
- Then switch off your console.
- Next, unplug the wire from the power supply.
- Wait for 5 minutes, and then allow your system to clear the caches.
- Next, turn on your console after almost 5 minutes, and you’re ready to use your Xbox with increased speed and smooth functionality.
3. Full storage
Being an Xbox addictive person, you may love to play various games. However, this may result in whole storage in no time. Full storage is one of the most prevalent causes behind your system lagging out and performing poorly. To tackle this, you need to delete some of the old apps or games that you don’t use anymore.
But the best option is to get a new hardware drive with more storage capacity or an external hard drive. You may also look for data banks for Xbox one, which is costly but totally worth it.
Follow the steps below to connect an external hard drive with more storage and capacity for your apps and games.
- The first step is to turn on your Xbox one and plug a new external hard drive into it via a USB.
- Next, you’ll see a box popping up on your screen. Select the formatting option, which will delete all the data, if any, in it.
- Then, enter a name for your storage hard drive.
- Further, go on the option ‘install new things here and download all your favorite xbox games in no time due to increased speed.
- You may now format your previous storage device to clear all the data from it.
Hence, you now have a new storage hard drive with more capacity preventing any lagging within your system.
To transfer your existing data from your system into the new hard drive, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Settings option on your Xbox One and choose the System Tab option.
- Next, go on the Storage option.
- Now, select carefully the drive from which you want to transfer all the data.
- Further, select the option Transfer and choose all the files you want to move into the new external hard drive.
- Now, click on the option Move selected and select your External hard drive.
- Lastly, click on the option Move, which will transfer all the data into the External hard drive in no time.
4. Sluggish Home screen
You may sometimes feel your home screen function slow and hang a bit. This is pretty common and just needs a bit of refresh. Follow the steps below to learn how to refresh your home screen in just a heartbeat. This is a pretty easy and simple trick that will surely save your time and energy.
Firstly, press the guide button.
Next, highlight the home.
Then, press the menu button and click on the option refresh.
- Why is my Xbox one HDMI not working
- How to fix drift on Xbox one controller
- Xbox one emulator for windows 10
- How to connect the Discord app on Xbox One
- Xbox emulator for android
- Install Xbox one controller driver
Your Xbox one may often lag or slow down for multiple reasons, including poor connection, excessive caches, full storage, slow home screen, and others.
In this article, we have discussed the most important causes behind the Xbox one lagging, along with some tips to help you tackle all the related problems in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Follow this guide to increase your Xbox’s speed and functionality in no time.