The Xbox controller for windows 10 is a total gem. You may now play all your favorite video games on PC with the Xbox one controller instead of mouse and keyboard. Moreover, being an Xbox addict, this feature would be pretty exciting for you. All you need to have is a micro-USB cable to connect to your PC USB port. This will surely enable you a great experience of super electrifying video games on windows 10 in no time.
Considering all this, we shall discuss the easiest way to install Xbox one controller driver in windows 10 to help you enjoy video games at the earliest hour possible. So, read on to learn all about Xbox one controller windows 10 driver.
Updating your Xbox controller to the latest software
Before heading to install Xbox one controller, always keep in mind that your Xbox controller should be functioning on the latest updated software. If not, then no worries. Follow the below-given steps to improve your controller, enabling it to remove all the problems concerning drivers.
- On your Xbox One Console, sign in to Xbox Live.
- Next, Update the console.
- Further, press the Menu button and go on the Settings.
- Then select the option Devices &Accessories.
- Now, select your controller and click on Update to enable the latest Updated Software.
You may also update your Xbox one controller manually using “Device Manager”. To do so, you need to follow the steps below.
- On the Windows Menu, search Device Manager and open it. You may press the Windows key along with X to open the Windows Menu.
- Next, head to the Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Then, right-click and select Update Driver Software.
- Now select Search Automatically for Updated Software.
Installing Xbox one controller driver in windows 10
The best thing about Windows 10 is that it has a built-in driver to use an Xbox controller. This controller has a self-updating ability as well. Therefore, you just need a plugin micro USB cable, and you’re all set to connect your controller to the PC. However, you may install Windows 10 Xbox One controller drive manually as well. To do so, follow the steps given below for efficient results in no time.
- Go to the Xbox One Controller search page.
- Next, select Microsoft, then Other Hardware, and Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Now, select the matching drivers for your PC and add them to the basket.
- You may now head to the basket and select Download.
- Next, open up the Windows Command Prompt.
- Type out the below-given command to extract the CAB file
– Expand -f:* Update-Name.cabDestination-Folder.
Note that you need to replace update-name with the name of the CAB file and Destination-Folder with the path to the update folder.
- Once it’s done, now open the Update Folder and right-click the file xb1usb.inf.
- Now, click on install and select Yes.
If you’re an Xbox One gamer, then this Xbox one controller driver feature for windows 10 would be pretty exciting for you. This feature will exclude the need for a mouse and keyboard for all your video games. Instead, you simply need to update your Xbox one controller driver to the latest software and install Xbox one controller driver manually.
However, if you’re unable to do so, you may simply use the already installed version in your windows 10. Moreover, you just need a micro-USB cable to connect your controller to the PC. So, read this article for a complete overlook of the installation of the Xbox one controller driver in windows 10.