The recent launch of PS5 has not affected the number of PS4 users; people are still crazy for the console and sticking to PS4 rather than switching on to the latest and advanced version of PlayStation. We can assume that the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the sales of PS5 and gamers preferred continuing with PS4.
So, what query has brought you here to this article? If you are going through this article because you are finding how to join a PS4 party chat on PC so that you can enjoy your PlayStation party on PC, let us assure you that by the time you finish reading, you will have your answer!
What is the PS4 party chat?
Have you ever thought about what doubles the fun while you enjoy console gaming? Of course, a fun party chat with your friends currently sharing the screen with you would do the job. So, what is the precise ‘The PlayStation Party Chat’? Unlike the in-game chat system, this feature allows PlayStation users to voice chat with their friends privately when they are not in a game.
The party chat system is also available on PS4, and gamers usually use Discord for PS4, which allows you to voice chat with other players in and out of the game. In the latter case, screen sharing is a must. To join the PS4 party chat, the initial step is syncing your console to the PC; the rest of the steps are briefed later in this guide.
How to download remote play PS4 party chat?
Moving on to the remote play PS4, let’s have a quick look at what it is? It is one of the unique features of both PS4 and PS5, allowing you to stream your favorite PS4 games anywhere from any device with an excellent broadband connection. It also gives you a free hand so you can easily browse your console’s menu, play/pause your games or even wholly switch games.
You may have a question in your mind that what devices are compatible with PS4 remote play, right? So, here’s your answer;
- Android devices with version 7 or advanced.
- Apple devices with version IOS 12.1 or advanced.
- Computers (Windows 10 and macOS 10.13 or advanced)
Now, let’s head towards the steps which will enable you to download remote play;
- To download PS4 remote play, you have to go to the official PS remote play page.
- Select Windows 10 / macOS.
- Another page shows up on your screen where you should download the PS4 remote play application for your PC.
- Installation of the application should make it easy for you to join the PS4 party chat.
How to join a PS4 party chat on PC?
Joining a PS4 party chat on your PC is quite a smooth and straightforward process given that you follow the below steps correctly;
- If you have already downloaded the Remote Play application on your PC and have installed it, you have to move on to the next step.
- Ensure that your PS4 console and PC are sharing the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Another requirement is that your console should be in the sleep mode to join the PS4 party chat.
- Connect your PS4 controller to the PC.
- If you have your PS4 console name, it shows up on the application; click on it.
- This should start the search and sync the connection remotely.
- If you have a password for your PS4, enter it.
- Syncing the console with the PC enables you to run games on the PC.
- A click on the microphone icon on your screen’s bottom left enables you to chat with your friends.
- Next, pressing the PS button on your controller shows up ‘Quick Menu’ option, select ‘Party.’
- At last, select ‘Start party’ and customize your group.
- Top 12 best PS4 exclusives
- How to hack PS4
- How much is a used PS4
- How to Jailbreak PS4
- How to Play PS2 Games Online
Beyond any doubt, the PS4 party chat is a bonus feature for PS4 users, allowing them to have a fun voice chat with other players in and out of the game. The above-mentioned guide should be a no brainer for you now to join the PS4 party chat on PC and escalate your enjoyment.