If you’ve recently bought a new PS5 and wondering about the easiest way to transfer all your saved data from PS4 to PS5, then you don’t need to worry any longer. There are multiple methods to do so, but a few of them might sound pretty tricky and time-consuming. Moreover, before proceeding to any forms, you need to prepare your consoles to make the procedure easy.
Considering all this, we shall discuss a few of the easiest and simplest methods to transfer data from PS4 to PS5. Also, they’re the fastest ways to do so as they won’t consume much of your time and energy. We shall also tell you few ways to prepare your console before following any of the methods. These may help you to make both of your consoles compatible with each other.
How to transfer data from PS4 to PS5?
Before transferring your data from PS4 to PS5, it’s essential to prepare your consoles to make the transferring process much simpler, easier, and fast. So, follow the guide below before heading to any of the methods for data transfer.
- The first step is to make sure you have logged in to both of your consoles with the same account.
- Next, you need to check for updates, and if there’s any latest system software available, you need to download it. This helps in making your data transfer process a bit fast and more convenient.
- Further, it would help to manage your trophies info, which is ranking based on points you’ve earned in your games. To do so, navigate to Trophies, select Options, and then click on Sync with PlayStation Network to synch your trophy information.
- Then it would help if you make both your consoles compatible with each other. To do so, you need to make sure the titles are backward compatible; otherwise, you won’t transfer the data.
Now, we shall dig out a few of the easiest and fastest ways to transfer data from PS4 to PS5 for you. These are effortless methods, so follow them according to your convenience, and we guarantee you’ll never regret following our guide.
1. Transfer the data from PS4 to PS5 using Wi-Fi or LAN
One of the easiest ways to transfer data from one console to another is Wi-Fi or LAN cable. But before that, as mentioned above, you need to prepare your consoles up. Login with the same accounts and sync the Trophy info. After this, follow the steps below for an easy step-by-step guide.
- Firstly, turn on your consoles and connect them through LAN cables or using Wi-Fi.
- Next, go to the Settings on your PS5 console. Select System, -> then select System Software -> Data Transfer and then click on Continue.
- Now, select the PS4 from which you want to transfer the data.
- Further, when the message to prepare for Data Transfer pops up on your PS5 console, hold the power button on your PS4 for at least one second until you hear one beep sound.
- Next, select the data you want to transfer on your PS5.
- Read the precautions and then select Start Transfer.
Note that your PS5 console automatically restarts during data transfer. Once it’s done, you may start using your PS5 with the available data you wanted to have in your PS5 console.
2. Transfer the data from PS4 to PS5 using the Cloud
If you’ve access to PlayStation plus membership, this option is all you need to transfer your data from PS to PS5 console.
But before that, you need to make sure that you’ve synched your PS4’s data with the Cloud. To do so, go to the Settings, then Power Saving Settings, click on the Set Features Available in Rest Mode. Now tick the box present just next to Stay Connected to the Internet.
Further, head to Settings again, select Settings, then Application Data Management, and click on Auto-Upload. Now, tick the box present next to Enable Automatic Uploads.
Once you’re done with the data enabling process on your PS4, now head to your PS5, select Settings, then Saved Data and Game/App Settings. Now go to Cloud Storage and download it to Console Storage.
This Console Storage will have all your data from PS4 that you’ve uploaded in it. Now you can download them anytime you want.
3. Transfer data using USB or external storage
Data transfer using USB is also an easy way that you may opt for in no time. All you need to do is connect the USB storage device to your PS4 device and follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Settings option on your PS4 device.
- Select the option Application Saved Data Management.
- Now, select Saved Data in System Storage.
- Then, click on Copy to USB Storage Device.
- Select the files you would like to copy and transfer them to the USB drive.
You’re now done with the copying process. So, take out the USB drive and connect it to your PS5 and follow the steps given below;
- Head to the option Settings.
- Go to the Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Saved Data (PS4) and click on USB Drive.
- You may now Copy all the data from USB to Console Storage in your PS5.
- How to fix PS4 audio not working
- How to use safe mode on PS5
- How to charge PlayStation 4 controller
- Why does my PS4 keep overheating
- How to get PS4 out of safe mode
- Can you use PlayStation camera on pc
- Can you use PS3 controller on PS4 console
If you’ve recently bought a new PS5 and wondering about the easiest way to transfer all your saved data from PS4 to PS5, then you don’t need to worry anymore. In this article, we have described the fastest and easiest ways to do so. These include the usage of LAN cable, Wi-Fi, USB storage devices, and Cloud. Of course, you may use any of them according to your convenience and feasibility, and we bet you’ll not regret your decision.