PS4 camera access on PC is a great feature to connect with your friends. You can enjoy web chats, video calls, record gameplay, and whatnot. Also, it’s a great way to explore other worlds in virtual reality just by using a PS4 camera or webcam. Your PlayStation may also recognize your face and works according to your commands by using this super exciting equipment.
Therefore, in this article, we shall discuss what PlayStation Camera is and ways to open a PS4 in Windows 10. Furthermore, we shall also talk about the step-by-step procedure to use it on a PC. So, follow the complete guideline to learn all about the PS4 Camera.
The PlayStation Camera is a fascinating feature developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released on 15 November 2013, a basic update to the PlayStation Eye used for PS3. Moreover, this Camera is a true motion sensor with the most upgraded camera accessory functional for PS4 and PS5.
Additionally, it has two cameras with 720 pixels and 1280 and 800 pixels, respectively. Furthermore, the lenses have focal length f/2.0, 85-degree field of view, and 30 cm focusing distance. All these characteristics make it excellent for PlayStation Virtual Reality VR headsets. Moreover, the dual-camera setup enables it to function at different modes suitable for the target Application.
The visual accessory has a four-channel microphone array that allows voice transmission with much-lessened background noise. Also, it may enable you to receive voice commands, perfect for good communication with your friends. Besides, you also have a great opportunity to record video in RAW and YUV formats and use it on your console by just connecting to it via the specified port.
Can you use the PlayStation camera on PC?
Yes, the PS4 Camera works really well on PC. You just need to connect the PlayStation cam to your PC using a USM 3.0. Further, by setting the LibusbK, you may load the firmware, which will enable the Camera to work efficiently on the PC. Moreover, it’s super easy to use and doesn’t require many hectic procedures for its connection purposes.
How to use a PS4 Camera on a PC?
Let’s walk through the basic steps you need to follow to use the PS4 Camera on a PC. They’re pretty simple to follow and wouldn’t require much of your time and energy.
- Use a USB adapter to connect your PS4 camera to your PC
- Open Device Manager on your PC
- From Other Device option open USB Boot
- Create a folder on your preferable location with a name related to your PS4 camera/webcam
- Next you need to download any of the below installation file.
- OrbisEyeCam: https://github.com/psxdev/OrbisEyeCam/
- Libusbk: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbk/
- If you find a dll error “Universal Visual C++ Runtime, CRT” don’t worry about it it is for Visual Studio onl
- Next extract the file and install the driver you have downloaded OrbisEyeCam or Libusbk.
- Now, load Firmware
- For OrbisEyeCam, use OrbisEyeCameraFirmwareLoader.exe to load the OrbisEyeCamera firmware from the folder OrbisEyeCam-master\bin
- After following all the above steps, run a test on your PC by using the Windows 10 Camera App or any other App depending upon your feasibility.
So, if your Camera is running smoothly, that means you’re set to work. However, if it doesn’t, it clearly indicates some technical fault. You need to contact the Sony help service for guidance.
How to Open a PlayStation Camera in Windows 10?
After setting up your Camera, you need just to follow the steps given below to open your Camera:
- Head to the Start button.
- Go to the Camera App shown on the list.
- Then select the option Settings and go to Privacy and then Camera.
- Now, open the ‘Let Apps Use My Camera’. This option will allow you to choose the particular apps you want to use the Camera facility.
How to use PS4 camera for streaming?
Let’s discuss the steps you need to follow to use your PS4 Camera as a webcam for live streaming on your PC. They’re very simple so just follow the step-by-guide to have an excellent live broadcasting experience in no time.
- Download the “PlayStation Remote Play App” and install it on your system
- Get the share factory Application, go to the videos and initiate a new project.
- Set up the Track to change all the settings. For that, press the button X and go to the ‘Track’
- A camera would then pop up. You can change the camera settings such as contrast, hue, saturation, camera tuning, and much more.
- Next go back to OBS, from where you need to click on plus for a new source to configure an OBS.
- Open Windows Capture and click on add source. Name it related to camera
- After complete configuring of OBS and Windows Capture, click on the first drop down menu to select “PS4 Remote Play” from the giving option on your screen and click on “Done”
Don’t forget to keep the PlayStation Remote option above the Display Capture in the stream setup; otherwise, you won’t be able to use the webcam at any cost. So, be careful and always remember to do so.
- How to fix PS4 has no sound
- How to transfer data from PS4 to PS5
- How to use safe mode on PS5
- How to charge PlayStation 4 controller
- How to prevent PS4 from overheating
- How to get PS4 out of safe mode
- Can you use PS3 controller on PS4 console
PS4 camera access on PC is a great feature to connect with your friends. Sony Computer Entertainment developed a fascinating feature, allowing you to explore other worlds in virtual reality just by using a PS4 camera or webcam. Further, it allows transmission of voice with much lessen background noise.
Keeping all this in mind, we have discussed all PS4 Cameras on PC in detail in this article. You may also learn what the PS4 Camera is and whether you can use it on a PC or not. Furthermore, we have also discussed step-by-step guidance to open and use PS4 Camera on PC to make communication easier and faster. Also, we have listed the steps to broadcast using a PS4 Camera or webcam on PC.
By this, you will be able to enjoy web chats, video calls, record gameplay, and whatnot. So, give it a read and learn all about the PS4 Camera on PC in no time.