PS4, being launched nearly four years ago, is still one of the most loved consoles by gamers around the globe since, with each of its updates, it cheers up its users. Flawlessly, a gamer would never want his PS4 console or the accessories to malfunction. However, in reality, technology does malfunction.
Half of the time, the issue is with the console, while the other time, it is about faulty accessories. How would you feel if your PS4 keeps disconnecting from the PC and you just sit and stare at the situation with hopelessness? This problem shows up a lot when PS4 Controller disconnects frequently and annoys its users. The following article will help you understand PS4 controller disconnection and frequent desyncing and how you can easily fix it.
Why does my PS4 Controller keep disconnecting?
Technology never comes unfaulty. However, when it shows up with a flaw, we always have some measures to fix it. Gamers have an immense craze for PS4; even so, a central yet common complaint is often reported that their PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from WIFI and desyncing from PC, which is not really appreciated.
The problem could be with the type of controller used, wired, wireless or Bluetooth one, or maybe its battery is flawed; however, sometimes your system might be at fault.
One more bug reported by the gamers that their controller starts legging while playing games on the consoles, which leads them to lose the game.
How to fix PS4 controller connectivity?
Following steps will help you to fix the disconnecting issue.
PS4 Controller keeps desyncing?
PS4 console comes with DualShock 4 controller, which has its requirements to connect with the PC. If your PS4 Controller keeps desyncing when you sit down to play your PS4, it could be due to the following reasons;
- Your PC is not recognizing the PS4 DS4 Controller.
- Faulty USB cable or a cable that is not 2.0 Micro B.
- The USB port is not working anymore.
You can quickly fix this by resyncing the controller to the PC with a USB cable, plug it into your PS and keep the PS button pressed and hold for a while. This helps in resyncing your controller with the PC without you losing the progress of your game. Yet, if the controller does not resync, you have to restart the console, which causes you to lose the saved changes in your game.
How to restart the PS4 Controller?
Most of the time, you get your controller connection back by just resyncing but not 100% of the time. The other way you can fix this issue is challenging, though emotionally only because it demands you to restart the console and forget about your game’s progress.
Now that you have decided to restart the console, follow the steps;
- Turn off your PS4 console.
- Press the power button, here you hear two beep sounds, one on pressing the button while the second one after a few seconds.
- Unplug your console from the primary power source.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug your console into the main power source, connect the PS4 Controller using the same USB cable to the system.
Restarting your console should solve the PS4 controller disconnection issue.
How to reset the PS4 Controller?
Resetting your Controller altogether brings all the settings that you have made to date back to default. If the resyncing method does not help you reconnect the Controller to the system, you may need to reset it. It is as easy as resyncing if you follow the given steps;
- For resetting your PS4 Controller, you need to turn your console off and unplug the Controller.
- At the back of your Controller, near the L2 shoulder, there is a small reset button. Locate the button first.
- The second step requires a small tool to push the tiny button into the hole.
- Hold the button for a few seconds and then release.
Now, you can turn everything on and plug in the Controller to the console; it is supposed to fix the issue.
PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from PC Bluetooth
Two major types of PS4 DS4 controllers are used around the globe, one is with the USB, and the other is with the Bluetooth. PS4 controller disconnection is quite a common problem with both types; however, it is easy to fix.
Make sure that your system installs the Bluetooth services before the Controller is connected; else your Bluetooth PS4 controller will not work even if it is connected to the system.
The following steps help you install Bluetooth drivers in your system correctly;
- The first step is to find your Controller on your system. For that, open the control panel on your PC and click on ‘Devices and Printers,’ here, you see your PS4 controller device, and you have to click on ‘Remove device’ if it is connected to your PC.
- Now open the Bluetooth settings and select ‘Add Bluetooth device.’ There are the ‘PlayStation’ button and the ‘Share’ button on your PS4 Controller that you need to press simultaneously so that you can turn on Bluetooth pairing mode. Following this, your PC detects the Controller, which will start flashing PS4 light.
- Once your PC detects the Controller, press the right-click on it and select ‘Properties,’ then select ‘Drivers for keyboard, etc.,’ click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok.’
- When you are done installing the Bluetooth drivers, move on to the Bluetooth tray on your PC and right-click on it, select ‘Allow any device.’ Once your PS4 Bluetooth controller is connected, hopefully, it is not going to be disconnected again.
PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from PC USB
If your PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting from PC (USB), analyze and figure out where the problem lies. Let’s suppose that your PS4 Controller is connected to the PC, and you leave it for a while; make sure that you do not touch the Controller. If it is still connected and gets disconnected once you move it, probably the USB cable is faulty or the USB port is non-functional.
Also, you have to make sure that you are using an updated version of the DS4 Windows program since an outdated one would cause you trouble. On the other hand, if you are changing or connecting the PS4 Controller during a game, it brings disconnections issues as well, and you would definitely want to avoid it.
Why does the steam link keeps disconnecting?
Encountering PS4 controller disconnection while steaming is one major problem faced by gamers. It could be because of broken Lan cable; if you are one of them, the following steps help you fix the issue.
First, open the Steam settings and make your next click on ‘Controller’; after that, select ‘General controller settings.’
- The next step asks you to select your PS4 controller type and then select PS configuration support.
- Next, click on Controller shutdown time. By default, it is set to 15 minutes, but you need to select ‘Never.’ This step completes the process.
When all else fails
If your PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting even after you have tried everything mentioned above, maybe the console or the Controller themselves are the real culprits. Now, you would want to try the following;
- Ensure a charged controller.
- Have an updated windows program.
- Try a different controller and test its connectivity.
- If you are using a 2.0 USB slot, switch to 3.0 now.
- If you are a USB adapter user, you can switch to a wireless adapter as well.
- Why is my PS4 fan so loud
- Why does my ps4 turn on by itself
- Why is my PS4 controller light is red
- How to Fix Not Enough Free Space on PS4
- How to Fix the PlayStation Error WC 36547 5
Beyond any doubt, you would not want to have your console gaming interrupted in the middle. The interference distracts your mind. Not only, it makes you frustrated but also uninterested. However, the above guide has tried to cover all the reasons why your PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting and how you can fix it without knowing any rocket science.